4.10 gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mgaylord

Reaction score
I believe I have found the 4.10 gears. My question is, they are in a manual 5 speed sport with the 2.4 motor. Is there anything that was different from a manual transmission to an automatic? My liberty is a 2002 limited automatic 3.7.
Is one year any better than another? Anything I need to look for in the build sheet? I found a 2005 and a 2002 year models.
I think it would be a lot less headache if I can swap the entire differential/axle?

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front diff will be a direct swap. They did use a different rear end on some 2002's. If they are both the 8.25 rear end, it will be a direct swap.

Mgaylord

Reaction score
Another question on the front differential. The liberties have the Dana 30A differentials. Is there any other differential that you could swap out the Dana 30A with that would work with our CV axles and all? It would be nice if I could find a different differential for the front that would accept 4.56 gears.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.