2014 Cherokee Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Photos on behalf of al7fi:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you didn't forget!

Nope ! But it took a while. Thanks for being so patient! Had the pictures on my iPhone but I have not yet found the magic required to post them here. So once again Jayme came through for me.

There are more but they will have to wait till I complete how to do it 101!

The plates were first on a 1974 Cherokee (the real original - ordered and delivered in 1973 in Tx). I got them in 1984 after driving it up here in 83, The beat up one was held on the top tube of a brush guard and thus all the scratches and such. In summer of 1994 I took them off and put them on an 1984 XJ that I got used. Took them off in 2004 when they expired but never did put them on the 03 Liberty. Resurrected from a Pennzoil box in the garage and now they are on another Cherokee. AL7FI is my amateur Radio call sign.

The KL is coming up fast on 2K and mpg is running above 25, when I don't have my foot in her. After the very first tank, The worst I have seen is 19-20 and its now well above that.

End of June I will rent an A-Liner hard side pop up out at the base for a week stay at a state campground 120 miles north of here nearby Mt McKinley. Anxious to see how she deals with that. I do have the factory tow package and V6 so should be fine.

Hoping your x-rays and such come back favorable and you find an end to your worn out/broken parts issues. Two replaced hips, worn out knees and a highly modified right foot make life interesting here. Just keep on keeping on - when you give up, it is all but over.

Be well!

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank-you- I know I'm not the only one with issues. PS my hips and knees looked good:).

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I may have figured it out at last, 'cause I just did the one shown taken at same time but from the other side.

No excuse for not doing more often.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 37

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice picture! Glad you got the uploading deal working. :cheers:

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a 250 mile round trip up north to a state park in the shadow (sorta) of Mt McKinley. Pulled an A-Liner Expedition two wheel hard side camper. The gathering was our annual state wide ham radio operators picnic. Campground is about half way tween Anchorage and Fairbanks. Rain all the way up Wed and through the night, clouds breaking up a bit Thursday but then rain that night. Friday afternoon she cleared up and sun through Monday when I left. No shortage of skeeters, but no bear sign this year. Skeeters have been well fed once again!
Empty weight is some 1800 lbs and guess of 2200 loaded. Running 5 below limit (e.g. 60 in 65 but 55 in 55. Two lane highway, with some hills. Just good old AK countryside. Averaged a tad over 18 mpg for the whole trip. Most of the time max gear was 7, with a lot of shifting but hey its a 9 speed and over 5th is all overdrive anyhow. In the past with the Liberty, it would have dropped to 15-16.

Normal driving runs from 23 to 26. Comfortable and stable, and even pulled the trailer through some rutted muddy stretches on a friends homestead getting back to the gravel road. No problems!

Yeppers, I thinks I likes her!

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please be aware that I do own a 20124 KL Trail Hawk so I am more than a tad biased.

There have been questions about being able to lift the KL even just a tad. Up until now nothing has come to light.

Please go to this board and thread: Teaser #4 - 2014 - 2015 Jeep Cherokee Forums

This young man has already done a custom mount for the KL in front of the windshield just behind the hood. I have the mount but have not chosen the lights as yet for the install.

This design work is just in the beginning stages with coil spring spacers at all 4 corners and wheel spacers as well as a tire profile increase from 65 to 75. It is only being designed for the Trail Hawk however. Still a long way to go but if truly successful will make a vast improvement on ground clearance, compared to stock.

This is a site for the KL from 2014 on up.

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Looking back on this thread, I can see why I finally bought one.

Took forever tho. lol3.gif

Rest in peace, Rachel. I got your Trailhawk. :)