2014 Cherokee Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of those cases when, for some reason, the pics looked a lot worse than the actual vehicle.
Or maybe the style is just starting to grow on me.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
This is one of those cases when, for some reason, the pics looked a lot worse than the actual vehicle.
Or maybe the style is just starting to grow on me.

It's growing on people.

Including myself.

The problem is that it just looks like its designed for another brand...and at the last minute they said "Oh. Well we can sell it as a Jeep."

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's growing on people.

Including myself.

The problem is that it just looks like its designed for another brand...and at the last minute they said "Oh. Well we can sell it as a Jeep."

I still see more older people in them. But I think it's more of a price thing. Younger people can't get the financing for20- 30's but can for entry level new or a few years old. So in a couple of years maybe it will change.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then post up what you "love".
What's different/better.

Coming up on 500 miles ,so I have jumped on it a tad more, and I love the sound that 3.2 makes as she winds up. With the lower center of gravity and the independent suspension, she also corners like she is on rails and I have yet to notice any plowing in the front end on hard turns.
MPG seems to be getting a tad better but that may also be the warmer wx we have been having. Have learned how to get the trans to downshift when I want for corners or slowing down (I do a lot of engine braking rather than using the brakes).
To get to ANC from here it is 4 lane for 8 miles then 6 lane the rest of the way. Some of the on ramps leave a lot to be desired as far as length to get up to speed. While at times the Liberty struggled to do it to it, I find the TH/V6 has room to spare. The Hawk is very comfortable to drive and even the though the ride is firm, I would not call it harsh.

On a different note, as you may remember I bought the Liberty back from the insurance folks and turned around and sold it to my mechanic friend. All in all I got back over 6K from the ditch diving episode. He has already put the liner and flair back on the left front and found an exact replacement mirror in a salvage yard for the one that broke off. The sunroof is sealed with duct tape and has no leaks, though the depression does collect water. He is using it to run parts and while he had planned to sell it. it looks like he may keep it. It IS in good hands.

Longer trips are coming up soon, in particular a round trip to the Kenai Peninsula (Nikiski) that should rack up about 400 more miles on the clock.

"IF" you "THINK you might be interested in one of these critters, go find one at a dealer and get a test drive. I don't know how the Sport, Latitude and Limited drive, but I am betting you could very well enjoy a ride in the Hawk.

Just saying!

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'll be replacing my KK. But I do want to test drive a TH. If I do ever replace my KK, I most likely will go back to pick-ups. Lot of ifs in my future. So I won't rule it out.
Get some "action"&scenery shots when you take your trip.

Thanks

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool!!

I got the chance to crawl around a Trailhawk on Saturday. I gotta say that I'm sold on the new Cherokee (at least the Trailhawk edition)
I think this one had every option available, $36k:emotions133:

Still, very nice ride, and with a bit more height it is even better.

Maybe in 5 years I will be able to afford a used one.

Oh and....Mango Tango right back at ya Cherrie.:High 5:

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool!!

I got the chance to crawl around a Trailhawk on Saturday. I gotta say that I'm sold on the new Cherokee (at least the Trailhawk edition)
I think this one had every option available, $36k:emotions133:

The TH was the ONLY edition I was interested in. I am sure the others will make someone else happy, but they are not for me.

Maxed out TH with 3.2L goes some 41K MSRP. Mine without the hole in the roof and the upgraded sound system ran 39.2K.

Waiting to see how the lift thing pans outs, since I would like to go with BFG TA KOs in 245-70-17 vs the 245-65-17s Firestones when the time comes to replace them.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evertime I pass that Trailhawk at the local dealer, I like it better.
The Wrangler Willys edition is pretty cool too

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local dealers can't keep Trail Hawks on the lot.

Just saw a True Blue today that looked to be a TH coming out of JBER.

Now over 1100 miles. mpg running 20-24.

Still waiting on my plates (I think new ones are coming). May just take a picture of the originals to show what they look like.

Getting used to the bells and whistles on the critter, but the ;earning curve is sharp.

Lovin' it! "just saying"

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_0182.jpeg

W#ell seems this won't work , but I tried.

Photo of plates (AL7FI) but can't make them show up.

Still no title or paperwork where I can put them on the KL.

Latest posts

Members online