2012 Jeep Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssgtjdavis

Reaction score
I just bought a 2012 Metallic Gray Liberty Sport 4X2 on Saturday, will post some pics when i take some. Its the base model but suits my needs just fine which was a nice looking SUV that could haul my 2 Border Collies around comfortably. Plus i wanted a toy that i could add some nice accesories too. I was wondering if anyone knows of a lift that won't void my manufacturers warranty. Also i did not get the tow package from the dealer, if i add an aftermarket hitch will i still be able to tow up to 5000lbs? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

isomswim

Reaction score
Hitch: few options but just check the towing capabilities. get class 2
Lift: wrangler seems to be the only vehicle that jeep still covers under warranty if lifted. But if you stay with a mild lift 1.5-2" you will not have any issues. and actually having a 2wd all of the problems we 4wd guys have are limitations. skys the limit for you.

ret22

Reaction score
I just bought a 2012 as well. Jet package.......any issues I should know about? Would like to find some running boards iif anyone has any ideas.

txusguy

Reaction score
I boght a 2012 Liberty Jet 4x4 an absolutely love it. I use it as a tow vehicle behind my RV.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Congrats peeps ... nice ride (s)

without the towing package you are limited to 3000lbs. NOt hard to upgrade yourself though :)

Cheers,

oops .. I meant 3500lbs

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to all.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well considering there is no difference in the Jeeps with or without the towing package besides the hitch itself... grab a Class IV hitch (not 2, those are limited to 3000lbs) and you'll be fine for 5000lbs.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Well considering there is no difference in the Jeeps with or without the towing package besides the hitch itself... grab a Class IV hitch (not 2, those are limited to 3000lbs) and you'll be fine for 5000lbs.

Huh? What no mechanical fans or power steering coolers anymore Marlon?

ssgtjdavis

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help, so without the factory tow package i will be fine with a class III hitch then, i don't plan on pulling anything huge, planning to get a towlite travel trailer eventually and just want to be able to pull it, they only weigh around 3000lbs.

Has anyone tried the uhaul class III hitches? I can get one installed with harness for $330, just wondering if they are good or if i should just fork out the extra cash and have the dealer do it.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really easy to install MOPAR hitch and wire harness yourself.
MOPAR is the best looking fit.
Wire harness is not cheap but it is "plug & play".

ssgtjdavis

Reaction score
So i've been reading some older posts in this forum about whether or not there is a difference in equipment on a Liberty that had the factory tow package vs. adding one on later and it seems that the main difference besides the hitch is that a transmission cooler is installed with the factory one. Does anyone know how much one of those costs or if it is truly needed. I am getting the class 3 hitch installed next week with the 7 pin round wire harness, and was wondering if i need the cooler before i can tow above 2000lbs. I am getting a pop up camper soon that will weigh about 3500lbs loaded so i am just wanting to be sure that i don't mess something up by pulling that much weight. As i said before i have a 2012 liberty sport all stock without factory tow package. Thanks again for the help.

SniperJF

Reaction score
Hey Guys I Just bought a 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet Limited for 26500USD. I think that's a pretty deal considering even the salesrep and manager weren't exactly to happy at the price :p

Anyway so this is my first real car and I want to take good care of it so I was wondering if you guys would recommend any floormats or something so I can keep my beautiful Jeep ones protected. Also something for the back so I don't over scratch it with groceries or anything of that sort. Last, but not least. There's always the issue of having to polish or scrub headlights to get rid of the fog. I was wondering if in today's technological world there is some sort of screen protector (like phones) or anything to protect them. So far I have only seen hard covers that look completely different and something I love about this jeep is the look of the headlights and grill and want to avoid messing with that :p

If you guys think I'm missing anything let me know :D

Anyway I wasn't sure where to post so hopefully this is good. btw that's my Jeep on the photo <3

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
Some floor mat options, MOPAR, Husky Liners and Weather Tech. I saw on eBay? Some kind of clear film for head lights but that's when I was looking for stuff when I got my KK in09. So not sure if it's still around.

SniperJF

Reaction score
I'm gonna search around the internet for any clear film available for headlights. If I do find anything I'll post about it. I assume they should exist, the only issue I see with them would be the heat from the headlight causing problems, but other than that I don't see why they aren't possible. And if there really are no sellers Perhaps we could make millions if we make them and sell them hahaha

Edit:
What do you guys think about http://www.lamin-x.com ??? Alot of the links and description is non existent so they are either a new company or a scam lol.

Last edited:

SniperJF

Reaction score
Oh cool just this morning someone also mentioned 3M, I'll definitely check them out! Thanks