2010 liberty,transfer case switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nonyamt

Reaction score
Dealership told my wife she needs a transfer case 4wd switch(they already replaced the t case motor) and Im trying to find one,the local parts stores are coming up empty.Does anyone know the OE or aftermarket part number for it?Any help appreciated!

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the transfer case POSITION switch? Like this:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-change-transfer-case-position-switch-44188/

KJ's don't use an electronic switch to actually change into 4-wheel drive, so I can't imagine you mean that... must be position switch.

Did the dealership provide a written estimate for the repair? It should have the part number of what part they want to install right on it; if not, they should be able to provide it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you mean the transfer case POSITION switch? Like this:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-change-transfer-case-position-switch-44188/

KJ's don't use an electronic switch to actually change into 4-wheel drive, so I can't imagine you mean that... must be position switch.

Did the dealership provide a written estimate for the repair? It should have the part number of what part they want to install right on it; if not, they should be able to provide it.

He has a KK they have a switch, more than likely dealer item only

nonyamt

Reaction score
Quote from the dealership says transfer case switch replacement part number 17956 - 2 None of the local auto parts stores can find that part and I can't find it online I don't know if they're talking about the switch on the console or something that's actually mounted in the transfer case the Dodge dealer won't tell me a damn thing they're a bunch of Pricks

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
selec-trac II (full time) is 68026186AA
command-trac II (part time) is 04602801AC

moparpartswebstore has them if you're talking about the interior selector switch

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
selec-trac ii position sensor on the tcase is 68026952AA

carried at moparpartsoverstock

i don't see a position sensor on the command trac ii model, it looks like it uses a a selector plate under the actuator. i see no position sensor on the DHL cmd trac 2 in any parts explosion diagrams so im guessing youve got a selec trac 2

Last edited:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has a KK they have a switch, more than likely dealer item only

Huh... I'll be damned. And corrected.

I much prefer a lever.

OP, why don't you just buy the switch from the dealer if you can't get it anywhere else, then change it yourself? Or perhaps go find a good used one form a parts yard?

TreeJ

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the parts numbers. I've got an 08 kk with a similar issue. It randomly kicks on the "service 4x4" light. When the light goes out, it shifts fine. I'll let you guys know how it goes once I get the part.

Latest posts

Members online