2009 Liberty Limited Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spolebitski

Reaction score
How does the black exterior look when it comes to dirt and road salt? Is black a hard color to keep clean? What are your opinions for black vehicles?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is black. Got some trail scratches on it and had to buff it out. It looks the best cleaned up. Road salt turns it white, but I always spray it off good underneith and the outside at the do it yourself place after the storms are over. I don't let the salt stay on it. During the summer if I wash it and then keep it in the garage and it doesn't rain it stays sharp looking the longest as long as I don't get it in the mud. I get lazy sometimes and leave the mud on it and it looks good in brown and black anyways in my opinion. I don't think it is any worse than any other color to keep clean. Black is beautiful.

I don't know what the best color for not showing scratches and/or road salt is.....maybe silver.

I get the road salt off mine right away and buff out the scratches anyway.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I don't know what the best color for not showing scratches and/or road salt is.....maybe silver.

Khaki is pretty good with hiding road salt, but not so with scratches. Nothing is good at hiding dirt and scratches than Silver, period. :)

But silver is just so boring...

tzeroki

Reaction score
mine is stone light gray and have few scratches already. It doesnt show much. You really have to stay much closer to see the scratch compared to black...I like black when its really clean but since in this side of the world washing cars are quite expensive and DIY is not so easy to do, i opted for stone light gray.....

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Heh, looks good. :)

Mind taking an interior shot? I wonder what the '09's interior looks like, it was supposedly improved.

Members online