2006 ESP issue? Sluggish turns!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moose

Reaction score
I have a '06 Reney with a 6spd. I have noticed that sometimes going around a corner, or pulling out onto a main street, the Libby will get sluggish, and the ESP or Traction Control light may flash. My wife and I both have this problem, and it goes away when we hit the ESP off switch, but we were wondering if anyone else had this issue?

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an 06 6 speed manual renegade also and yeah when i pull out on to Main Street here from the street i live on my ESP will flash and cut the push of the engine. It only happens if i'm shifting, turning and hit the pot hole in the intersection at the same time. I'm guessing it just has to do with the computer sensing the pull of the turn the bounce of the pot hole and deciding you might rollover. I'd say if there's any sort of dip or major crowning to the street you're pulling on to it's just the computer trying to save your life. I'll agree it suck to take your foot off the clutch and feel like you didn't get the shifter into gear. ](*,)

moose

Reaction score
GoldBug said:
I've got an 06 6 speed manual renegade also and yeah when i pull out on to Main Street here from the street i live on my ESP will flash and cut the push of the engine. It only happens if i'm shifting, turning and hit the pot hole in the intersection at the same time. I'm guessing it just has to do with the computer sensing the pull of the turn the bounce of the pot hole and deciding you might rollover. I'd say if there's any sort of dip or major crowning to the street you're pulling on to it's just the computer trying to save your life. I'll agree it suck to take your foot off the clutch and feel like you didn't get the shifter into gear. ](*,)

Since it works fine when the ESP off button is pushed, I'm wondering if DCX has some faulty program logic in that software. (I also don't wan't it to kick in if I miss judge an opening and am about to be hit by a truck! ) I'm sure they tested it, but since 99% of the KJ's are probably automatics it may not have gotten as much attention.