2004 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikey531

Reaction score
I have an odd problem. I bought a used engine and had it installed. Evidently it had an oil leak on the right side. We assumed it was the valve cover, after 3 gasket changes and a new valve cover it appears there is a crack in the head and it is leaking oil. I am not spending any more money on this jeep. However years ago I thought there was some kind of additive you could add to the oil to stop oil leaks I have looked at several on the market but they all reference oil seals. It isn't leaking bad, about a 2 inch spot overnight. Any ideas on what I can do to help fix the it? My wife bought this Jeep in 2006 and doesn't want to sell it or trade it. I have put over $3000 into it in the last year and I am done. Thanks for any help.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The magic stop leak stuff has solvents that soften oil seals, wouldn't help with a crack and tbh I'd only put it in a wreck.
Depending on the access for cleaning Devcon or Belzona might do, it we use it at work and its excellent but... only as good as the surface prep. The other thing that I've seen advertised for years but I've never tried it -

Oyltite Stik​

Good luck!