2004 Jeep Liberty Sport - Light Khaki Metallic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a thing or two I need to fix but a new stereo is in order. The CD player in this Sport eats CDs and wont' give them back most of the time. There's a lot to choose from.

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a Kenwood in dash, single DIN, head unit and a pair of speakers to replace the front two (2). Waiting for delivery and maybe soon enough to start putting them in for the weekend.

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I've done a lot to my unnamed Jeep in the last week or so. A lift, new tires, exhaust, tint, and stereo. I'm so excited to drive anywhere.

I was thinking what should I do next. The wheels are an asset and an eyesore. Maybe I should repaint them. There's a little rust. I think I'll keep the wheels for now and focus on drivability. Armor. That's what I'm going to do next. I have a couple of small mechanical things to fix.
I need a new radiator and I have a leak in some system and am getting the engine light. Fix those, get those and then, I can hit some trails.

Last edited:

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the head unit in. It took all of 5 mins...I had Crutchfield prewire the wires between head unit and the rest of the Jeep.. That saved me a ton of trouble.

I got a head unit with no moving parts. I installed it myself. It has radio, bluetooth, USB, and aux input. Its got a 13 band EQ, I like it. I kept the stock speakers in for now and this unit is louder and more clear on FM than my stocker was. I'm going to try a pair in front of new speakers and maybe just stop there. No point in making the rear audio better. It's just the dog back there and she's deaf...

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Christmas came and went and now that I've found Detour, I can move forward. A little ahead of schedule but I know how opportunity looks when it's in the equation so I'm going to order the backbone from him. I've also been looking at winches. I'd like to get the Warn that sells for $499. Really the only thing left for me to consider is armor, but I have to keep my eye on my budget. I would have liked to get it but I've waiting a long time for a winch.

How does it go? It's better to have a winch and need it than not have one and not need it?

Last edited:

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at winches. There was never really any competition, I am only seriously looking at Warn. There are the M8000-s and VR8-s. They have their differences but one made in China and one assembled here in the US. I think I'm going for the US one, the M-8000-S. The VR is sexy but the M8000 is all american. Tell me what you think.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I buy American unless the savings are so enormous I can console myself with the fact that I could replace the Chinese one and still be ahead.

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's hard to find American-made products. I met a guy I had gone to high school last year. He drove a Wrangler on 37's but all of his accessories on this awesome Jeep were Chinese made. Kinda ruined it for me and for him as he could tell I wasn't impressed.

Last edited:

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably going to be the best $800 I ever spent. That's what I think.

EDIT: (turns out to be a little more than that for synthetic rope.)

Last edited:

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a thing today. I ordered the VR8-S from Warn, one of their entry-level Chinese-made winches. I know I made a lot of noise about this but the other one really didn't fit into the budget and I'm going to trust that Warn made this move strategically and take their name and reputation very seriously. I'm sure I'll have good luck with it. The warranty is pretty solid and their reputation is great. I wish we could make them here for this price point, but they don't.

The M8000 with Synthetic Cable was too much to justify spending on this right now. It's a great winch. I'll let you know how the VR8-s holds up. AFAIK this winch will be for this Jeep and any other Jeeps I buy or build will get their own. It should be good enough.

Last edited:

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't ordered the Winch, and I've had some time to get more money, so I'm looking at the M8-s.What's another $200 going to matter?

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally went wheeling a bit today. I didn't take any pictures but I easily scaled and traversed everything the little trail threw at me. What fun? I had a blast and so did Dolly.

Latest posts

Members online