2003 Liberty code p0846

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lynx47

Reaction score
Well I just bought a 2003 Liberty sport with the 42rle trans. On the way home it stopped shifting like it was low on trans fluid and the engin light came on. I ran my code reader and code p0846 came up. It's a transmission fluid pressure switch b so I went to advanced and got a new one. But now I can't find it on the trans. I know on the 45rle it's on the pass. Side but not on mine. Any body know we're this is located at? Thanks

Lynx47

Reaction score
Thanks that helped a lot. But I think I bought the wrong part. The part I bought looks a lot like a input or output speed censor. By looking at the manual it looks like I have to replace the solenoid pack. What does the part look like?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you probably have the 45RFE part.
from the part fische, it looks like 04659677AC.
Might want to call the dealership to verify the part you need.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see. that's what I use on my 45RFE.

Maybe someone with 42RLE experience can chime in but that's all I got from the FSM.

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just bought a 2003 Liberty sport with the 42rle trans. On the way home it stopped shifting like it was low on trans fluid and the engin light came on. I ran my code reader and code p0846 came up. It's a transmission fluid pressure switch b so I went to advanced and got a new one. But now I can't find it on the trans. I know on the 45rle it's on the pass. Side but not on mine. Any body know we're this is located at? Thanks

No input on the part you need but that has to suck driving it home from purchase and having the transmission start to puke out on you.