09 starting problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuenglingville

Reaction score
About every 2 months my wife will go to start her jeep and its dead. No clicking no slow cranking nothing. I didn't check to see if the lights work or not. You can try and start it 2 or 3 times and nothing. Then all of a sudden after 10 min you go to start it and it fires right up. I don't think it's a starter or battery prob. Cause it won't do it for a month. Anyone have any idea what it might be or has it hàppened to them. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Does the KK have any kind of anti-theft system on it?

I only as because there was a short in the anti-theft system on one of they hubby's vans that would prevent the vehicle from starting... and once he waited 10-15 minutes, it would be fine and he could drive it.

Just wonder if it's a similar issue...

Yuenglingville

Reaction score
It has the alarm button on the key so yes I'm assuming it does have an alarm. I don't really want to go sinking money into it until I know what te problem is. I guess when it happens again ill have to check the lights and so on and see what still works when it won't start.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alarm and anti theft are usually different. My 08 KK has anti theft, no alarm. Not sure which you mean, or both

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Got my book out It's for 08 but might be same. This is for factory. If you have EVIC it should have settings for alarm too.
Do you have an indicator light when you are arming it. Or when you first turn the ignition.
If no light no alarm.
Or lock doors with lock button on key. Wait over 16 seconds inside locked vehicle then open door if alarm sounds you have one.
It looks like the new name for anti theft is the Sentry key, which is just the programmed key.