08 liberty wipers and headlights stuck on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ably

Reaction score
08 liberty sport wipers won't shut off, headlights won't shut off, no turn signals or washer fluid and accessory buttons under climate control don't work. Have changed the TIPM, ucu with no change. Unplugged both multifunction switches in steering column and no change. Any ideas?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
Wow that is a lot going on there. Was anyone messing around with jumping Jeep or any other electrical, before all this started?
Body control module lost it's mind ?
Try disconnecting both battery terminals to do a full re-set.
Tape or clamp both battery cables together (away from battery) for 45 minutes.
Let's see if that helps...

Ably

Reaction score
Was running good. All went at the same time. Have done multiple hard restarts with both TIPM's

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the engine light on? Any stored codes? Often a good shop scanner is needed to diagnose body or other types of codes..

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Find a shop with Snap On Ultra Modis scanner, and see what codes they find.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
08 liberty sport wipers won't shut off, headlights won't shut off, no turn signals or washer fluid and accessory buttons under climate control don't work. Have changed the TIPM, ucu with no change. Unplugged both multifunction switches in steering column and no change. Any ideas?
Look under the drivers dash at the boot for the harness through the firewall. I’d bet you got damage to the harness bundle shorting things out. (Rodents? Friction?) Check that spot in the engine bay side too. It’s the only spot I can think of where all those functions are in the same spot.

NavyStore

Reaction score
Look under the drivers dash at the boot for the harness through the firewall. I’d bet you got damage to the harness bundle shorting things out. (Rodents? Friction?) Check that spot in the engine bay side too. It’s the only spot I can think of where all those functions are in the same spot.
Rodent sounds like a likely scenario!

Ably

Reaction score
I have no clue. I put in my original TIPM back in for the third time all with no changes at all after hard restart every time, cleaned all grounds, battery terminals with fully charged battery. No signs of mice, melted or brittle wires, all of the plugs look good and latch as they should. Turn signal and wiper multifunction switches are still unplugged and removed, and after every restart they come on. I will take it to someone with a scanner when I get a chance, but had to move it out of the garage for parking space in this Iowa cold snap. I will keep posted as I have googled and read a lot of issues with jeep Chrysler electrical issues around these years.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.