"08 KK adding remotes with one remote not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billsblue08

Reaction score
Hi All, Bought an '08 that came with two remote keys. One works fine, the other won't function with any of the buttons. It will still work to start , and not immobilize the ignition.I checked the contacts for the battery, and replaced the battery, but to no avail. I can program new keys if I have two functioning keys. My question is, would this still work, even if one key doesn't have functioning buttons, but has the security function working? I would like to be able to get more keys, but don't want to waste the money if it won't work. Anyone ever have a similar situation ?

crocodile dundee

Reaction score
I've owned my 08 Liberty since new. Both of my original key remotes have long stopped working. I bought some new uncut keys off Amazon, replaced the guts with my old keys, bought the program in the link I'm providing in parentheses, (https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/supported-vehicles/jeep/jeep-liberty/) and was able to program both "new" keys. The real reason I bought the program was so I could replace my stock base head unit with a 730N Uconnect, but I was able to get the keys done. I've since added a backup camera to the Uconnect, cleared a bunch of codes and turned on my dlr's as well. So adding keys when you have none that work is possible. Hope that helps!

billsblue08

Reaction score
I was in fact able to program 2 new remotes , using the fully functioning factory remote, and the factory remote that would start the Jeep, but not work any of the keyless functions. Evidently, the system must recognize the security function, and not need the keyless functions to be active. I tried to re-program the original remote that wasn't working, but it didn't make any changes, and it still worked to start, but not the keyless functions.

Latest posts

Members online