05 Liberty Radiator Overflow Tank Bubbling Over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
It doesn't happen all the time and not even when it's hot outside. Daughter-in-law thinks it only happens when idling at a light or in a parking lot. I recently replaced head gaskets and it has a new thermostat and water pump. The fan comes on with the A/C so I know that it works. Any suggestions?

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the temp gauge reading when it happens? You might want to do a block test to confirm combustion gasses aren't entering the coolant system.

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
The temp gauge never goes past the 1/2 way mark! As I stated before, it has new head gaskets.

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't happen all the time and not even when it's hot outside. Daughter-in-law thinks it only happens when idling at a light or in a parking lot. I recently replaced head gaskets and it has a new thermostat and water pump. The fan comes on with the A/C so I know that it works. Any suggestions?
Air in the system

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New head gaskets doesn't mean you don't have a problem there.

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you bleed air out? i believe it's aa 10 mm allen head by rd. hose on top, open almost where it comes off start motor and let idol for 1/2 hour you should air bubble out of hole, leave radiator cap off should ok.