03 Liberty Renegade front end noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HavanaRenegade

Reaction score
Hi all:

I've got a problem with an 03 Liberty Renegade passenger front end. I'm living in a country with no Jeep dealer and very few professional dealerships and new cars. If old American and Russian cars are your thing this place is for you...

I'm hearing a loud grinding noise and get a bump/knock from the right front end when traveling at speeds under 8mph. It goes away when I'm riding alone but if I have passengers in the back, golf clubs - even a full tank of gas - any additional weight at all then there is a knock in the front end when I turn the wheel in either direction.

There seems to be some abnormal tire wear on the inside of the passenger tire. Previous owner drove it around with low pressure though so that could be the cause of the wear.

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

Double Papa Doble

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the control arm issue. As far as the tire wear you might need an alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk