03' as an 02'??? (cargo cover?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zkahn

Reaction score
So 2 months ago Fiance and I got 03 liberties her's red and Mine Black. She got the retractable cargo cover with hers and mine was with out one. Well as part of the deal the dealer was either going to take one off the lot for me or order it for me. He was unable to find one on the lot and ordered it for me. Got it and installed it. It mounts perfectaly...but... it is too narrow to latch when extended. I look at my fiances and catched are molded out about 2in on each side. Mine are flush with the back trim pannel. I looked at the door jam sticker and the build date was 8-02. So I assume that mine was close to the start of the 03 run and that they still had 02 parts left over. Has anyone else run into this?? Can anyone with an 02 confirm if the cover catches are flush with the rest of the rear trim?

jctoth

Reaction score
I have an 02 and although I don't have the cargo cover the catches for the cargo cover measure 3" from the trim panel on the rear door. Between the catch and the trim panel on each side is a metal D ring for tying things down etc. I hope this helps. Maybe the difference is the option package?

zkahn

Reaction score

m0th

Reaction score
My 02 is the same as the bottom pics, except my cargo cover fits.

zkahn

Reaction score
Cheap ######!!!!! Used 02 parts on my 03!!! I should go back to the dealer and have them price it out at 02 prices!! That would be another 2000 in my pocket [/rant]

Well time to call the parts desk and have them order the 02 cargo cover.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very strange fitment problem but it looks like we learn something new everyday around here. We should create a specific area for things like this, it would go right along with the EVIC's temp sensor that does't work properly when the years don't match, and the part numbers from the '02 stock springs (the longer ones)... which I still haven't heard if anyone's actually found those part numbers yet, but a few people have asked.