Part time 4 wheel drive light??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckbagger

Reaction score
My girlfriend owns a 2002 liberty with the 3.7 and the manual transmission. When the 4 wheel drive is is switched on there is no light that comes on untill you pull it all the way back in 4 low but when you try to put it back into 2 hi the lever will go all the way forward but the part time light stays on. Any ideas to what this means im pretty sure its in 2 hi but am not sure. An input is helpful

Thanks

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably just a simple linkage adjustment. if you were still locked in, it would make all kinds of weird movements and noises on the pavement

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

buckbagger

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input.... Im just not sure how it should feel if its in part time compared to when its in two high I have had 4x4 before but never anything that has part time. I can feel when its in 4high and 4 low from the pull when turning, whats the best way to tell if its really in 2high or part time? Thanks

Also
Its a manual so im not sure if it makes it louder because of the boot around the shifter compared to a auto

Latest posts

Members online