WeatherTech Digital Fit Mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of the grey colored weathertech mats for my KJ (front only.) Overall the mats are a perfect fit for the footwell of my KJ with the 45RFE and have a nice lip on the sides to keep salt water from spilling out onto the carpet. If I had any complaints it would be that the plastic was thinner than I expected. It could lead to a wear through area by the gas pedal in a couple years but after one and a half years there is no sign of wear.

Also - each set is built to order so the shippment date will be like 10 days out from your order date. [I just bought a second set [front, rear, cargo liner] for my wifes new Escape as well]

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have them in our Wk and love them. Perfect fit and they are nice and thick. The highlands floor guards that I have in my kj have a poor fit and are very thin.. Very cheap feeling.

Ive been wanting to get the WeatherTechs for my kj once we got them in our WK but they are kinda $$.

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By thin, I mean in comparison to the Mopar rubber floormats that I had in my KJ previously. The Mopar mats were about 1/3" thick in some spots but still wore through.

The weathertech mats show no sign of wear through.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Weather tech is an American company. That's one reason for me to get theirs.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the husky made set and they are great!
Either ones would work, but I am partial to the Husky and my bros 01 dakota has them too!

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
By thin, I mean in comparison to the Mopar rubber floormats that I had in my KJ previously. The Mopar mats were about 1/3" thick in some spots but still wore through.

The weathertech mats show no sign of wear through.

Do you find the WeatherTechs work better than the Mopar Slush Mats .. or just wear longer? I have a set of them (mopar) and they are pretty effective...you do get a heal dent but mine are still very flexible, so it actually pops back up when I have not been driving for a while

Can't beat the Jeep logo molded in there either ;)

Sup TC!

Last edited:

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a set and I like them. My only gripe is they don't come up high enough near the gas pedal so I still get the right side wall a bit dirty. I don't know about waiting 10 days to get them for "built to order", I walked right into the showroom in Downers Grove, IL and purchased a pair. I could post pics tomorrow.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I own a set and I like them. My only gripe is they don't come up high enough near the gas pedal so I still get the right side wall a bit dirty. I don't know about waiting 10 days to get them for "built to order", I walked right into the showroom in Downers Grove, IL and purchased a pair. I could post pics tomorrow.
Ya with my size 13 clunker boots, my pedal side looks like and oil slick.:eek:
Where I plan on going the snow is up to the radiator (Cheers)and the digital fit mats look like they can hold a gallon of snow !
If someone has photos of the deeper digital fit mats, would sure like to see them, as the website photo is not expandable.:confused:

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you do get a heal dent but mine are still very flexible, so it actually pops back up when I have not been driving for a while

That heel dent in the logo area is where I had the wear through problem on two sets of the Mopar rubber mats. Each Mopar set lasted about 2 years. The weather tech mats (so far) have not demonstrated this issue so I believe these are much better. The only issue is that I have only been using the weathertech mats for about 1 year in the KJ. So my reporting time frame is a little short.

Even so, the added lip around the foot well area, on the weathertech mats, (foot well liner if you will) keeps all the salt water off the carpet unlike the Mopar mats. This proved to be very handy last winter / spring. Instead of scraping salt crystals out of my carpet I just washed out my floor mats.

I don't know about waiting 10 days to get them for "built to order", I walked right into the showroom in Downers Grove, IL and purchased a pair. I could post pics tomorrow.

Here is a message from Weathertech. Dated 15-August, 2009. I was inquiring as to the where abouts of my order [placed in 3-August, 2009] for my wifes escape.

"Dear Steve [me],

Thank you for your recent order with MacNeil Automotive.

FloorLiners are built to order, and sometimes they take about two weeks to ship out. Yours shipped out on the 14th, and you should be receiving them in a few days via FedEx.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at 1.800.441.6287.

Best regards,

Sam
MacNeil Automotive
[email protected]"

Last edited:

Boiler

Reaction score
They are completely different than the mopar slush mats. They have a lip all around the outside making them like a bowl that will hold liquid and dirt off the carpet, basically no matter how much of it you get in there.

I use the husky liners which are in effect the same thing, and they are awesome. They are a good bit cheaper than the weathertechs too.

No matter what, anyone that gets their floors wet, salty, or muddy should get either weathertechs or husky liners. I have light grey interior and got black ones and they look fantastic. I'll put them in every car I own from now on, assuming they are available. I put them in the backseat and cargo area too, and they've come in handy.

Was my first and probably my smartest mod/upgrade to date.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't calling your comment bs, I was simply stating how they told you they were "built to order" and I walked in off the street and bought a set. I found it odd as I can't image a back log on KJ floor liners. No hard feelings.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are completely different than the mopar slush mats. They have a lip all around the outside making them like a bowl that will hold liquid and dirt off the carpet, basically no matter how much of it you get in there.

I use the husky liners which are in effect the same thing, and they are awesome. They are a good bit cheaper than the weathertechs too.

No matter what, anyone that gets their floors wet, salty, or muddy should get either weathertechs or husky liners. I have light grey interior and got black ones and they look fantastic. I'll put them in every car I own from now on, assuming they are available. I put them in the backseat and cargo area too, and they've come in handy.

Was my first and probably my smartest mod/upgrade to date.

Yup, I agree. I have the Mopar Slush mats and use them in the summer only because they are no good in the winter. I got a set of front Huskyliners and use them in the winter. They are great for catching snow/water/salt and keeping it off the carpets.

The WeatherTech's are good too.

Dave

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
That heel dent in the logo area is where I had the wear through problem on two sets of the Mopar rubber mats. Each Mopar set lasted about 2 years. The weather tech mats (so far) have not demonstrated this issue so I believe these are much better.
"

Thanks for the comparison, that explains a lot. Mine are less than a year old still. I like Dave's idea of using them only in the summer, they do a good job collecting dirt.

Just one more thing I'll have to upgrade before winter ... Tires first though!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comparison, that explains a lot. Mine are less than a year old still. I like Dave's idea of using them only in the summer, they do a good job collecting dirt.

Just one more thing I'll have to upgrade before winter ... Tires first though!
Hi Luke,
Definitely tires first, I can tell you that my GY Silent Armors (Kevlar Belted)
ate snow like it did not exist, and quiet when you hit the pavement. We had 6 feet last winter in Jan and I was never more confident with those tires and my KJ's first real winter experience. Was so glad those tires went on in the fall.
Back to the Weather Tech floor mats, I am going to need something to keep that snow water from running around. Last winter I ended up using a towel on the floor it got so messy.

DryBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a full set of black WeatherTechs in my KJ. they do show dirt but Simple Green takes care of any staining from salt/snow/mud. Also have the Weathertech side window vents. The in channel installation is slick and they look great.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a full set of black WeatherTechs in my KJ. they do show dirt but Simple Green takes care of any staining from salt/snow/mud. Also have the Weathertech side window vents. The in channel installation is slick and they look great.

DryBones.......that's how I clean my HuskyLiners out. I also have the WeatherTech side window vents and they are just awesome.

Ok, back to floormats.

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Waiting...

I have the tan interior and decided to order the two front WeatherTech digital fit, floor liners in black. Should be here in few weeks. They stated would not apply $ to card until they ship.
Not sure what I am going to do for rear floor yet....but did not like the over the middle hump idea. Just two good mats in black would do the rear area well.