Sporting a new look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Is Detours still making that backbone system? Would this winch fit that?

Make it fit! :D

There is a store here (The Canadian equivalent of Harbor Freight. They sell "Super-winch" products and some are packaged in "Champion" packaging!
The box's contain the same battery cables with "Anderson Power Products" style/clones power jacks/ dust cover, as well as the same wired remotes and snatch blocks.
So my guess would be yes.
I want to be able to mount the hitch on the rear receiver for that once in a blue moon rear winch requirement! And on a flat deck trailer so I can load a Mini or two.

Oh, and as far as rear mounting goes? I've got the cable, I'm just undecided on how to route the cable; either through the vehicles interior or underneath the length of the KJ and have it accessible close to the trailer wiring or hidden behind that little access panel on the passenger side cargo area. (That way I'll have more 12V for added accessories.)

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Hey Socks ... and that store would be called ..... ??? Help a newb out!? lol

Thanks,
Luke

liv42dy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have posted this one in the past, but in my opinion if you are going to do a Winch hook up without an ARB bumper then do this..

You must be registered for see images attach

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have posted this one in the past, but in my opinion if you are going to do a Winch hook up without an ARB bumper then do this..

That looks like a front mounted camera in the grill

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hey Socks ... and that store would be called ..... ??? Help a newb out!? lol

Thanks,
Luke

Yup, Princess Auto has the Super-winch (http://www.princessauto.com/PAcountry.cfm?CTRY=CAN&INF=home )
page 384
and a liquidation store called MTF
( http://www.mtfdiscount.com/index.php?page_id=1 )
Where I bought ours, a 9500 lbs unit for $299.00 on sale.
They don't have them always, but when they do they also sell 10000lbs winches for a good price.
From time to time they have a "reconditioned" units for even cheaper.
Some look like they have never been used and some look totally trashed.

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Ryan

candpliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

liv42dy, what a great winch setup! Who did this "factory look" winch mount? Any more information? Thanks for posting this! I'm really stoked! very cool!:D

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
liv42dy, what a great winch setup! Who did this "factory look" winch mount? Any more information? Thanks for posting this! I'm really stoked! very cool!:D

I like this setup too. The winch is mounted within the bumper so it doesn't affect the approach angle & is protected and is solidly mounted to the frame.

I must say too I luv the color, I don't think I've ever seen that copper color scheme before.

Thanks too for posting the pics. Now I know what's underneath my bumper cover.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online