Thanks to this site, I now have courtesy lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the instructions from the HOW-To section on how to install driver and passenger courtesy lights.

It's awesome to have a light there. I put LED lights that I ordered (which come with 3M tape but also have the option to use a couple of screws) cause they were inexpensive and guaranteed for life... now if only my KJ would last that long.
My next project is installing an LED strip (12 lights) as the rear seat dome. The amperage draw is minimal so I'm not worried about. Man I love this site. The How-To section is the best!!!
Here's a pic of the driver's side (obviously)
You must be registered for see images attach

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Now tell us where you got the LEDs from! :D
http://bluewaterled.com/
They sell mostly packages for boats but are getting into other applications as well. The courtesy lights are listed as livewell lights, so they are waterproof..no corrosion here since I do live in the great white north and salt is usually a problem.
And for the Can'eh'dian folk I sell them as the Canadian Distributor at www.advanced-led.ca

Last edited:

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered and overhead console off of ebay for $25....another project for next week thanks to the how-to section, this place is getting expensive in mods haha

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear seat dome light

I installed the courtesy lights, they make a big difference when you drop something on the floor or are working under the dash.

I also added the rear seat dome light. I tapped the rear power port for my power source. It doesn't come on or go off with the other dome lights, but it comes on when I press it to activate the switch.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually surprised with how much a difference these make... I kinda just installed them for something to do (and because it was sooooo easy) ... but it really is a marked improvement.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://bluewaterled.com/catalogdetails.php?id=26
These look great and I plan on using these for under rear seats. I wonder how much is too much? Has anyone checked how much load these put on? I mean they last like forever on small watch batteries but I see that anything more than 1 LED needs AAA. I plan on buying four of these and wiring them in series, two underneath the seats, two on the sides.