AZ Four Peaks Snow Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a great time and will be posting up some pics when i get off work today (3ish). to second what casey is talking about all my skids/rails got quite a work out on this run, not to mention all the scratches down the side of my jeep, it was definately a challange and i believe it to be quite a bit tougher than CK back roads (especially when wet)

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...And lemmi just re-itterate Ouch! Sunflower mine is NO Joke. it would be 10x easier w/ out the water in it tho. i was slippy slide'in all over the place all my "lines" were foiled by slipping and i bumped and surfed along trying not to smash my diff to bits.
Hey... that's why it's rated "difficult"!!! :D :p ;)

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are my pics.
scenery
You must be registered for see images attach

getting ready to follow the trail to the right

following the trail to the right

multiple stream crossings like this one

then we start getting to the tough stuff

up and out

and about this time i stopped taking pics as i was concentrating on the trail ahead. i did however take this one to show the trail after the river boulders, there was alot of this terain to get to the end

i must recommend that if you plan on traversing this trail that you have lift, skids, rails, some form of traction control (i love esp now), and a good spotter (which i am not)

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Robert... great pics and boy are you guys getting *********. Way to go!!!

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the pics Robert! you have lots of examples of the "hard" thats in the trail =) theres one in there which shows where i scraped my rim, and another illustrating one of the many many times i was sooo close to smacking my diff on somthing.

One other noteable item here, one can reach sunflower mine b4 the hard stuff gets going into full swing.

Signcutter21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics Robert. Looks like a great trail. What a blast with all the water and rocks.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said, you guys did good, real good!!! Seems like the AZVJC guys have some issues with some of the people they ran with, some bickering going on over there....

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
btw this sec has a bypass, but i went through it too, no pic =(
i swiped this photo from VJC to show a fun flex obsticle, i dont know this guy but i wanted to show the spot, so i hope it isnt taboo to post a photo like this....

seperate topic, as discussed b4... as in most cases the few speak for the many. empty can rattles the most. you can pic your friends, you can pick your nose... oh i forget...

Last edited:

phxtoad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the trail with that AZVJC group. It was a great day with over 40 Jeeps. It's was a lot of fun running with Wranglers. I was the only KJ. A lot of people familiar with the trail said this was the worst :) they'd ever seen it.

The drama and bickering was basically because we didn't get the 'sponsored' lunch due to a start time confusion. Big deal.

This trail would be far easier when the creek is dry. However, a lift, 31's, skids and rails, and a locker are pretty much needed. I banged and clanged my way through it and loved every minute. I got hung up on my rear axle at the main stream crossing. I finally got to use my winch to pull off it. Otherwise there's only three other obstacles each of which has a bypass. The only one I skipped out on was the last - the crack - which is just an articulation test.

I got a lot of compliments (and surprised looks) before, during and after the run. It felt good to represent!

The fun part about this run was that Airpark intended it to be for newbies who recently purchased their Jeeps from them. I met a lot of great people who were real green with their stock or slightly modified JK's. It's great to teach them why you air down, and why you disconnect your sway bar, why you run in 4-lo, and why you carry recovery gear, etc. Then you watch them go. It's cool.

Todd
________
Jailbroken

Last edited: