Pep Boys Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running those! STAY AWAY! hehehe, ok maybe not depends on where you plan to drive. Ive off roaded a bunch of times w/ mine and the tread is comming off in chunks, like a mini-melon ball'er got loose on em. They only have about 10K miles on them, If i get another 10K i think ill be lucky.

Great tire for grip, quiet, good ride (a bit spongey tho w/ only 2ply sidewalls).
Ill post a picture of my 10K tire wear and post it in here tonight when i get home. Let u be the judge. Shale will eat these tires up!

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take my advise w/ salt please, these are my first offroad tires ever, i have little or no experience w/ this sort of thing, but guessing 10K miles w/ chunks falling off isnt all that good of a deal..... Not sure if shale is just that evil on all tires is my point.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the tread wear patterns from the sharp rocks of the AZ landscape, back way to crown king did most of this (then again could have been the metal shavings that where flying everywhere from my nerf bars j/k hehehe).

pictures pretty much say it for themselves:
Sorry for full res, dont want the marks to disapear

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

kayadog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the excellent input. I'm going to use them for the beach and very light off road, so they should be fine. I just need to get them before the sale ends on the 19th. They are so cheap if I don't like them its no big deal and worth a shot.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent input. I'm going to use them for the beach and very light off road, so they should be fine. I just need to get them before the sale ends on the 19th. They are so cheap if I don't like them its no big deal and worth a shot.

I was thinking the same thing when i got mine, nice to know that most tires i get will do this (this being my first set ive abused ever, i didnt know what to expect), so my overall thoughts are ya these are pretty good then. Ived abused them pretty good too.