Where to get OME springs, shocks, struts for cheaper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdmiralAckbar1325

Reaction score
Planning to lift my '06 Liberty Renegade, have some JBA upper control arms on order and some front bump stops. Planning to go with OME 927 front springs and 948 rear springs with OME 90009 front struts and 60069 rear shocks. Is there any place I can get the springs/ struts/ shocks for cheaper? Everywhere I look the prices are the same as Rocky Road Outfitters, who I REALLY don't want to use per some of my research online. Looks like they are difficult to deal with and have customer service issues.

Seeing about $410.00 for a pair of OME 90009 front struts
$260.00ish for a pair of OME 60069 rear shocks
$214.00ish for a pair of springs (front and rear)

If anybody knows of a place with more competitive pricing, I am all ears!

Also, side-bar, what do you guys do for bump stops for a rear lift? I am not sure what to order for the rear suspension. Is the general rule 1" of bump stop for every additional inch of lift?

Thanks in advance!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good! I am afraid I am no help in your pricing question because mine's been lifted for about 12 years.

I can help with the rear bump stop question though. Most of us use a pair of regulation hockey pucks on each side. We drill through the lower spring perch and through the center of the pucks, and bolt them down. That way, the upper bump stops have something to contact. You can counter sink the bolt head & washer in the upper hockey puck so the upper bump stop has a flat surface to hit. Use nylon locking nuts under the spring perch so that they don't rattle loose. I suggest stainless hardware for corrosion resistance, but grade 8 will be stronger.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also OME N132L(L= long) shocks for the rear is what most use.
What country are you from?

Gyro

AdmiralAckbar1325

Reaction score
Sounds good! I am afraid I am no help in your pricing question because mine's been lifted for about 12 years.

I can help with the rear bump stop question though. Most of us use a pair of regulation hockey pucks on each side. We drill through the lower spring perch and through the center of the pucks, and bolt them down. That way, the upper bump stops have something to contact. You can counter sink the bolt head & washer in the upper hockey puck so the upper bump stop has a flat surface to hit. Use nylon locking nuts under the spring perch so that they don't rattle loose. I suggest stainless hardware for corrosion resistance, but grade 8 will be stronger.
Thanks for the help! Do you remember what length bolts you used for rear bump stops?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don’t. There is not much room between the axle tube and the lower spring perch for the nut so if you get them too long you can cut them down. Best to hold the hockey pucks in your hand as you look at bolts.

AdmiralAckbar1325

Reaction score
Also OME N132L(L= long) shocks for the rear is what most use.
What country are you from?

Gyro
Having trouble finding the OME N132L shocks available, couple of places I have called said they no longer carry them and that they have been discontinued. Know of anyplace that still might have them in stock?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at alternatives for the N132L on a different thread:

OME: 132L
Bilstein: either 24-185660 (series 5100, old P/N was BS-F4-BE5-6458-H7) or 33-185859(series 4600, old P/N was BS-F4-BE5-A702-H0, these are for the Dodge Dakota)

I’m running Bilsteins on my lifted KK and I think they’re great.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried offroadwarehouse.com? That’s where I purchased mine, and the parts were shipped directly from an ARB warehouse in Washington state.

slowcrawlerZJ

Reaction score
Here is what I used. Worked perfect. I added more lift to this kit. I’m at 4.5 inches of lift now but this kit by itself will actually give you 2.5inches of lift not 1.5. I used the heavy duty CRD coils because of the extra weight from a bumper and winch.