Vibration between 40-55, worst at 50, started 2 months ago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tw1967

Reaction score
Hello
07 with 133,000 on it. Vibration at 50 that rattles the dash for then feeling in wheel. U joints done 2 yrs ago. Driveshaft(rear) and brakes and rotors done in last 2 weeks. Tires balanced also. Motor mounts checked. Suggestions? Appreciate it

DaGrinch

Reaction score
I don't know, but I started having pretty much the same issue last September. What's been done since then?
#1 New tires
#2 Took front shaft off to see if that helped. No.
#3 New shocks and struts all around
#4 New Water pump
#5 New complete arm with ball joint - both sides
#6 Front end alignment

Not only has my mechanic (MANY years working on 4-wheel drives) looked at it and performed the work, I have had a transmission shop (who I trust explicitly) see if they had any suggestions. My problem is - it has progressively gotten worse. Shakes on acceleration at any speed, but worse above 40-45mph.
My '06 Limited has 146K on it, fairly new plugs (April of 2020 at about 136K), new coils just 2 weeks ago.
I'd be interested to see if you or anyone else has remedied their situation like this.

ikuo78

Reaction score
I don't know anything related to AT control, but
If it vibrates without sound,
Something heavy must be eccentric.

If there are no loose parts,

Is something stuck between the wheel and the hub?

Have you replaced the lug nuts with shorter ones?

Is the rear lower arm bushing damaged and the housing shaking?

Tw1967

Reaction score
I don't know, but I started having pretty much the same issue last September. What's been done since then?
#1 New tires
#2 Took front shaft off to see if that helped. No.
#3 New shocks and struts all around
#4 New Water pump
#5 New complete arm with ball joint - both sides
#6 Front end alignment

Not only has my mechanic (MANY years working on 4-wheel drives) looked at it and performed the work, I have had a transmission shop (who I trust explicitly) see if they had any suggestions. My problem is - it has progressively gotten worse. Shakes on acceleration at any speed, but worse above 40-45mph.
My '06 Limited has 146K on it, fairly new plugs (April of 2020 at about 136K), new coils just 2 weeks ago.
I'd be interested to see if you or anyone else has remedied their situation like this.
Will do. It’s driving me nuts. It goes away at 60-65. I don’t feel it much in steering wheel it’s more rattling the dash. New rear driveshaft helped a lot. My mechanic is stumped also. ***** have had no problems till the last year.

Tw1967

Reaction score
I don't know anything related to AT control, but
If it vibrates without sound,
Something heavy must be eccentric.

If there are no loose parts,

Is something stuck between the wheel and the hub?

Have you replaced the lug nuts with shorter ones?

Is the rear lower arm bushing damaged and the housing shaking?
Lower arm was also replaced. Nothing with wheels when we took off and checked balance. Nothing loose that we saw. I’m pulling my hair out.

ikuo78

Reaction score
Does it have traction control or stability control?
Can you try disabling them?

wilton

Reaction score
The vibration rattles the dash but got better when you replaced the rear driveshaft?
Do you feel the vibration in your seat?
Are you lifted?
It could be a worn out wishbone or bad pinion angle.

Tw1967

Reaction score
The vibration rattles the dash but got better when you replaced the rear driveshaft?
Do you feel the vibration in your seat?
Are you lifted?
It could be a worn out wishbone or bad pinion angle.
The steering wheel vibrated and the whole car when accelerating over 40. Replaced driveshaft. Now it’s a rattle in the dash more, a little bit in steering wheel, nothing in seat. Not lifted. Does it on or off gas at 40-55

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jack the front up and set up a pointer just touching the tyre sidewall, spin the wheel and see if you have any runout. If you have any runout put the pointer on the alloy and see if that's out of true, if so try fitting the spare wheel and check that.

ikuo78

Reaction score
Does the vibration occur when the AT is locked up with O/D?
Or does it vibrate in any gear?

Dirtyrat

Reaction score
Hello
07 with 133,000 on it. Vibration at 50 that rattles the dash for then feeling in wheel. U joints done 2 yrs ago. Driveshaft(rear) and brakes and rotors done in last 2 weeks. Tires balanced also. Motor mounts checked. Suggestions? Appreciate it
Check your brake rotors and wheel bearings

Celebrator

Reaction score
Hello
When the balance was checked did anyone check the wheels aren’t buckled? Years ago I had a similar issue with a Volvo 850. The wheels looked fine on the hubs but when spinning on a balancer it was obvious they were twisted (Argo wheels looked great but didn’t last).

slowcrawlerZJ

Reaction score
Sounds like a potential wheel bearing and/or transmission shutter. For a transmission shutter you can try this. It works pretty fantastic. Wheel bearings take a little more time to diagnose but no more then jacking up the front end rotating the wheels and listen for anything as well check for any play.
You must be registered for see images attach

topaz

Reaction score
Hello
07 with 133,000 on it. Vibration at 50 that rattles the dash for then feeling in wheel. U joints done 2 yrs ago. Driveshaft(rear) and brakes and rotors done in last 2 weeks. Tires balanced also. Motor mounts checked. Suggestions? Appreciation