Woke up this morning to find my side view mirror was stolen...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its pretty annoying driving without my driver side mirror, and it was the heated one so its more expensive to replace. :hunter: So anyway, they just popped off the mirror part leaving the housing intact. I wanted to keep the parts OEM so I found a heated used one with housing on ebay for $35 with shipping. So my question is can I just pop out the glass and connect the wires and pop the new one in or should I go through all the trouble of replacing the whole housing and risk breaking connectors in my door card? Thanks in advance.

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you couldn't switch that mirror into your housing.

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't receive the part yet but when I do I'll try to just replace the glass without replacing the entire housing. Hopefully I don't crack it.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck. I hope the thief has something horrible happen to them.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who the **** steals that? damn sorry man!

My guess is someone in the near by vacinity also has a Liberty with the same mirror that got busted or need replaced. Instead of being a normal human being and buying a new one they decided to take someone elses for free.

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part came in today. I was able to just replace the insert and not have to mess with the housing Thanks for the support. :party52: Just had to slide the two wire crimps on the contacts and push in the insert. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I stole someone else's. Hopefully the karma will work itself out in the end.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part came in today. I was able to just replace the insert and not have to mess with the housing Thanks for the support. :party52: Just had to slide the two wire crimps on the contacts and push in the insert. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I stole someone else's. Hopefully the karma will work itself out in the end.

most people now days do not have a conscience. i suppose thats how these idiots do things like this.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to add to this discussion, I ordered one off of Rockauto and it ended up not being the correct plastic backing that I needed. I have a 2004 with no heated mirrors. On the left of the picture is the OEM, the right is the new part that I am returning.

Attachments

• IMG_1459.jpg
    IMG_1459.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 24

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite gags, a customer comes in the shop wondering if we might have a center cap, hub cap, etc that would fit their car;

"Hey, you got a center cap for my Chevy 1500 with the plastic nuts to hold it on"?
"No, but you can pick one up at Walmart".
"Wow! You mean Walmart keeps stuff like that?"
"No. You just drive around in the parking lot till you find one like you need and grab it. Just like some ****** did yours."

Get some really strange looks.:shrug:

Bob

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite gags, a customer comes in the shop wondering if we might have a center cap, hub cap, etc that would fit their car;

"Hey, you got a center cap for my Chevy 1500 with the plastic nuts to hold it on"?
"No, but you can pick one up at Walmart".
"Wow! You mean Walmart keeps stuff like that?"
"No. You just drive around in the parking lot till you find one like you need and grab it. Just like some ****** did yours."

Get some really strange looks.:shrug:

Bob

Nawww you'll get a kick out of this one. Had to replace the side mirror on a Ford Taurus, ordered the part it was shipped in. Customer was told as soon as it arrived. Of course he shows up in the middle of the late afternoon. We put the mirror on, bill was couple hundred dollars parts and labor. Remember I worked for Bridgestone so the price was pointlessly high on the part because our mark up system is set to ''rip the customer off'' model type. Well the kid, who wasn't from the US decides to drop about twenty coupons on the counter top WANTING to USE them ALL. Thinking he could widdle his bill down to a couple bucks after all you see those videos on how to buy $300 bucks of groceries for ten dollars. Looked right at him and said pick one coupon and use it, I can only take one. Looked right at me like I was the idiot before grudgingly taking one out and handing it to me.