Uh Oh...P 0300 Code!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
#-o

So, yesterday I started up the heap after sitting for nearly a week and started down the road. Just about 2 miles down the road, the engine started to buck and miss, engine trouble light came on on the gauges, and I couldn't get the engine to rev past 2300rpm....just as if you were hitting the rev limiter.

I shut it off, and started it again and it was still miss firing. I let it sit for about 10 minutes, and started it again. Low and behold, it ran fine...perfect actually.kopkrab.gif

I pulled the codes....P 0300 Multiple Cylinder Misfire
P 0335 Crank Position Sensor
P 0339 Crank Position sensor "A"

Now for the rest of the day yesterday it ran fine...no issues?? hump.gif

So, could it have been ice that melted away to cause this?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those sensors can do some crazy things. There really shouldnt of been ice around those sensors unless youve been go through a lot water. Its possible once the engine warmed up the sensor was ok or something along those lines. May want to start looking around for a Crank sensor.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I'll have to price one Monday....I thought is was a coil pack at first. I drove it all day today with no issues.....that's the price we pay to drive our "turn key and go" cars of today.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My money is on the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Lost mine last year doing pretty much what you described. Shut it off and let it sit a bit and she would seem to be OK, and then go belly up. It has not failed yet but it is terminal and when it does go you will not be able to get it to start.

Members online

No members online now.