Trans Pressure transducer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tjsteeb

Reaction score
So my jeep is in limp mode with code p0935. Went to check the pressure transducer or sensor and can't find it. It's not on the passenger rear of the trans and I knw it isn't inside the trans because I've had the valve body out. I can see a sensor on the top rear of the trans. What looks like the input and output speed sensors along with the large shift plug on the driver side. But on the passenger side the only plug I have is the solenoid plug. It's a 06 renegade with I believe is the 42rle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my jeep is in limp mode with code p0935. Went to check the pressure transducer or sensor and can't find it. It's not on the passenger rear of the trans and I knw it isn't inside the trans because I've had the valve body out. I can see a sensor on the top rear of the trans. What looks like the input and output speed sensors along with the large shift plug on the driver side. But on the passenger side the only plug I have is the solenoid plug. It's a 06 renegade with I believe is the 42rle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On the valve body....................

You must be registered for see images attach

Tjsteeb

Reaction score
I've had the valve body out about two months ago. I'm 100% it's not on the valve body because I had bought a rebuild valve body to replace it while I was changing the solenoid and the rebuilt I received I couldn't use because it had the pressure sensor on it and mine didn't.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the valve body out about two months ago. I'm 100% it's not on the valve body because I had bought a rebuild valve body to replace it while I was changing the solenoid and the rebuilt I received I couldn't use because it had the pressure sensor on it and mine didn't.

Then your version has that sensor as part of the solenoid pack that is replaced as a whole unit as just the pressure sensor is not serviceable separately.

Tjsteeb

Reaction score
So is it likely that the reman solenoid I put in is bad? The car came to me a few months back from a friend that said the dealer told him the solenoid needed replacement. I replaced it with the reman he bought it still went into limp mode now it throws code p0935. Took it to trans shop they said trans is fine must be electrical and they don't wanna touch it. He bailed on it for $600 to me.Could it be the ecm? He had a used one flashed and installed 6 month prior to the trans problems or is it the solenoid?

Tjsteeb

Reaction score
Could he have bought the wrong solenoid considering he bought the wrong valve body? Think he just bought a 42rle solenoid and valve body.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Never heard of a reman solenoid pack, I got a new Mopar one for mine when I did a rebuild.

Tjsteeb

Reaction score
If anyone could give me the right part numbers for the solenoid and valve body I would appreciate it.

Tjsteeb

Reaction score
Think it was a combo deal. Maybe it was new. He brought me the parts and said this is what needs replaced per dealership. I do all sorts of repairs out of my garage but haven't dealt with these electric transmissions ever.

Tjsteeb

Reaction score
So there where two versions of the 42rle transmissions used in the 06. The new variant (variable line pressure-VLP) of the new 42rle has a new case, valve body and variable force style solenoid (pressure control solenoid). The harness if different and the VLP sensor is located next to the transmission range sensor.

Latest posts

Members online