To late to investigate 2000 Grand Cherokee gas tanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a crock of shit,less then 0.01% of all '99-'04 GC's have ever started on fire in a accident.Thye also met all safety standards in place at the time.They changed the standard in '07 that required the gas tanks to be placed in the middle of the vehicle and Jeep decided to place them there early('05 GC's) since they were revamping the GC in '05 and did nopt want to do it all over in '07.

Poeple complained about the high fire rate in Crown Vic's also,but failed to think that almost all of those Crown Vic fires were police cruisers that were parked giving tickets and hit by high speed vehicles which will cause a fire no matter what.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a crock of shit,less then 0.01% of all '99-'04 GC's have ever started on fire in a accident.Thye also met all safety standards in place at the time.They changed the standard in '07 that required the gas tanks to be placed in the middle of the vehicle and Jeep decided to place them there early('05 GC's) since they were revamping the GC in '05 and did nopt want to do it all over in '07.

Poeple complained about the high fire rate in Crown Vic's also,but failed to think that almost all of those Crown Vic fires were police cruisers that were parked giving tickets and hit by high speed vehicles which will cause a fire no matter what.

I agree
let us not forget that a gas tank can catch on fire no matter where it is mounted and if I am in a bad enough wreck to cause this to happen my getting out may not be very fast
so I really dont want the gas tank under my butt ,talk about lighting a fire under your ****

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't they move the tank to to roof, it is safest there...

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Center for Auto Safety, a group founded by Ralph Nader and the Consumers Union, have reportedly filed a 69-page grievance with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

There is no need to read anything past the name "Ralph Nader". We're done with this.

MicroFF16

Reaction score
Working in public safety I've seen a lot. It's always funny to me when someone ******* because a safety feature did do what they expected or in this case the gas tank catches fire. However they ALWAYS fail to mention that it was slammed into at 90 MPH from the ass in. tjkj2002 hit it on the head with the crown vics..go to youtube and watch the videos of a police car on a stop and see what happens when its hit from a drunk at 60 plus...you can expect a vehicle to hold up in a situation like that.

In my county alone we had 3 teens killed in 2 different wrecks within a year from a gas tank "exploding." Again the were involved at a very high rate of speed crash.

Latest posts

Members online