This makes a $55,000 Hemi JK look reasonable!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! Well, At least it's already built. The wheels are a bit blingy for me but I'm guessing that at $110K they'd swap them out for you!:eek:

That's not a Jeep Wrangler unlimited. It's something else with a Jeep logo glued to the body.

And I actually think the wheels are cool. The look high tech, but not too blingy or shiny-- assuming you're talking about that first one.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
That's not a Jeep Wrangler unlimited. It's something else with a Jeep logo glued to the body.

And I actually think the wheels are cool. The look high tech, but not too blingy or shiny-- assuming you're talking about that first one.

What page are you looking at? I see 2 JK Unlimiteds, one JK SWB. (sold)

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The red one on the top that says $109,000!

I do think the wheels look cool, but I'd never off road with them. I can't think of any other reason to have a built JK other than off road.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What page are you looking at? I see 2 JK Unlimiteds, one JK SWB. (sold)

Marlon, I'm being facetious. At what customization point is your vehicle still what it's badged as?

This isn't to say I don't think that $109k jeep (first one) isn't absolutely fabulous (*snap*snap*), it's just that when you sell a Jeep Unltd for $109k, we have to assume that a lot of the parts that existed in the vehicle when it was driven off the dealer lot are no longer there and have since been replaced, engine included.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
After I typed up that post I kinda thought about it, and figured out what you meant. :D

IMO, when you start replacing your stock Jeep components with some from other manufacturers... (like dumping your 4.0L in your Wrangler for a 5.7L From GM)... and replacing your axles... is it really a Jeep anymore?

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I typed up that post I kinda thought about it, and figured out what you meant. :D

IMO, when you start replacing your stock Jeep components with some from other manufacturers... (like dumping your 4.0L in your Wrangler for a 5.7L From GM)... and replacing your axles... is it really a Jeep anymore?

Exactly. When you buy the custom suspension for $18k, put in a dodge hemi, replace the axles, tcase, diffs, transmission, seats, steering column, but by God, you've got most of the Jeep body bolted on to it, is it still really a Jeep?

For instance, is this still a Gremlin?

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly. When you buy the custom suspension for $18k, put in a dodge hemi, replace the axles, tcase, diffs, transmission, seats, steering column, but by God, you've got most of the Jeep body bolted on to it, is it still really a Jeep?

according to the DMV it is still A GREMLIN, Had a VW bug on a Jeep frame and was titled as a VW, Jeep body and still mostly Jeep related parts so its a Jeep. If you ever owned something like that what would you say? Mostlikey "I own a Jeep!" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

GA05SPORT

Reaction score
I must add that I came across Burnsville just over a year ago. At least these guys keep it all Mopar. And they know their stuff. This isn't some big shop that has a television show and unlimited budget. ( Maybe that's next for them which could be good and bad. ) If you check over their full site their work speaks for itself. Craftsmanship does have a price. This is true American work.

Now where did I put that lottery ticket?

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
according to the DMV it is still A GREMLIN, Had a VW bug on a Jeep frame and was titled as a VW,

Interesting, I never thought about what the DMV would call it. Makes you wonder what a true, custom built from the ground up vehicle would be called. I have no idea what the certification process would be to make it street legal and licensed... my guess is they'd have some strange category for "experimental".

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My first car was a 1971 Gremlin. This would be a huge improvement!:cool:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Been a while (Read: Years) since I've seen a Gremlin in person. But I still catch the occasional Grand Waggy or even the AMC Eagle!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well technically there's no "Dodge" Hemi. There's a Chrysler LLC Hemi and that same engine is offered in the Jeep lineup, but in the Grand Cherokee, so... it's still a Jeep engine.

Well... myyeah... I mean, it's an engine and it's produced by chrysler, but you're telling me that they put a 5.7 in a Cherokee?

My understanding is the 5.7 is used in the Dodge Ram 1500.

Hmph, ok, you're right. Holy cow, they put that beast in a Cherokee stock?!!

Good gawd they're makin 'em big these days... don't they know there's a gas crunch on?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well... myyeah... I mean, it's an engine and it's produced by chrysler, but you're telling me that they put a 5.7 in a Cherokee?

My understanding is the 5.7 is used in the Dodge Ram 1500.

Hmph, ok, you're right. Holy cow, they put that beast in a Cherokee stock?!!

Good gawd they're makin 'em big these days... don't they know there's a gas crunch on?

Where have you been? :D

Well it does have MDS, which in the Chrysler 300C and Dodge Charger can get you (If driven properly) about oh... 27MPG highway. :D Dunno how much in the Jeep though, EPA rates the GC 4x4 with the 5.7L Hemi at 19MPG highway which isn't far off from the '04 3.7L Liberty's 21. MDS basically just shuts off 4 of the 8 cylinders, and unlike GM's attempt at this back in the '80s, it actually WORKS and is RELIABLE.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon, I'm being facetious. At what customization point is your vehicle still what it's badged as?

This isn't to say I don't think that $109k jeep (first one) isn't absolutely fabulous (*snap*snap*), it's just that when you sell a Jeep Unltd for $109k, we have to assume that a lot of the parts that existed in the vehicle when it was driven off the dealer lot are no longer there and have since been replaced, engine included.
Burnsville Offroad engine swaps,be it a 4.7 or any of the HEMI's,is done to the point that you can take it to a dealership and they will have no problems diagnosing it or getting/replacing parts.They are the place to have a HEMI swapped into your Jeep,or the 4.7.I've talked to Dan a few times about the 4.7 swap in my KJ,if it goes through he will be doing the swap.Hey if the guy can shoehorn a Viper V10 in a Wrangler and it all works he can sure swap a 4.7 in a KJ.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score