This is how much money I can expect to pay for OME Coil Springs,etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Here in British Columbia, Canada...

When I go to purchase the following items via the INTERNET. Prices may/ will probably be higher if ordering in person.
These are the retail prices for the following.
They do not include tax's.

"Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to send us a price quote request. I have the following prices for you on parts for your 2004 Liberty*,

1) OME heavy front coil springs (OME927) : $112.32 each

2) OME rear medium coils (OME948) : $112.32 each

3) OME front firm ride struts (OMENS131) : $214.50 each

4) OME rear medium ride shocks (OMEN132) : $124.07 each

5) Rancho front struts (R17505) : $137.56 each

6) Rancho rear RSX shocks (R17004) : $91.71

* OME shocks are valve specific for their springs there for mix an match is not advised as it may compromise the ride of your."

All OME parts: $1126.42
OME/Rancho: $907.82
Thats a $218.6 difference that I can sink into the Jeep elsewhere. Like bump stops etc.
Even with a Canadian currency exchange rate of +.25cents on the dollar, plus shipping and customs brokerage fees, it's cheaper to purchase locally.

Just thought I would let other B.C. KJ owners know.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Read this and you will have some insight as to what and how much a Canadian citizen can bring back across the border.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5056-eng.html#P021

Should a Canadian citizen try to just drive across the border without declaring a major purchase, you not only have the chance that the item/items are seized, but you also run the risk of having your vehicle seized, that, and a hefty fine levied against you and face criminal charges for smuggling.
So much for free trade eh?
So, if you do meet the criteria for the $750.00 exemption, the "stuff" you are bringing back into Canada may not meet a duty free classification.
That, and you still have to pay both the Provincial and Federal tax's (12%) and any applicable duty for the item's imported.
Not to mention customs brokerage fee's on top of it all if you are having large items into Canada.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
You think they'll notice if you drive a stock KJ out of Canada and then back with a lift kit fitted? :-$

Yes.
When you leave Canada and are about to enter the US, US customs photographs your vehicle's license plate, effectively "time and date stamping" you as to when you entered the USA. The same thing happens when entering Canada.
This way you can't BS your way back into your country with goods without paying the appropriate duties and tax's.
Free trade?
Oh sure!

Last edited:

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does that work if you have family in the states and someone give you Christmas presents?

Obviously they weren't bought by you.
Hum?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
How does that work if you have family in the states and someone give you Christmas presents?

Obviously they weren't bought by you.
Hum?

Even if your relative comes to visit you and brings these gifts along with them, customs still asks if they have something to declare/ what's it worth. Same goes if I cross the border into the States, US Customs asks the same thing. What you bringing accross the border and what's the value.
Either way you still have to declare the item/items.

I've got a sister in Wallace, California.
http://www.hausmekongermanshepherds.com/

Last edited:

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that much money you might as well get a Frankenlift from All J's. That's what i did. Even, if you don't want that much lift you could strip the frankenlift and create an ome lift from it.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
For that much money you might as well get a Frankenlift from All J's. That's what i did. Even, if you don't want that much lift you could strip the frankenlift and create an ome lift from it.

Good point!
However, by the time i factor in PST and GST, duty and shipping, the OME lift will be less expensive and those extra dollars can be used towards new A arms and real tires. Don't get me wrong, if I can swing it I'll go for a Frankenlift II Premium or a JBA 4 inch kit!

Damn... I need to win a lottery!:-({|=
I want my cake and eat it too!
Back to the drawing board and crunch some more numbers!

Thanks though!

Cheers
Ryan

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Wow, all that and they are probably checking more now I am sure. I won't even cross over any more. It's just way too much of a hassle as far as I am concerned. I miss going to Montreal.

Everytime I am in Plattsburgh there are many Canadians there shopping, and I wondered when they go back over the border, how close they are checked since everyone knows they were in Wall Mart or something. An awful lot of people from Montreal come down through the Plattsburgh NY border checkpoint. With all the trucks and all it is a zoo up there.

Socks, you should go down to visit your sister and get it installed down there and be done with it. I mean really, what if someone went to Cali to visit relatives and blew the ****** down there or something and had a new one installed. Are they going to take your ****** at the border??

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes come down here, have parts shipped to someone here and have a lift party, drive through some muddy crap with cow manure mixed in and when you go back through no way will they get close enough to look up under

ATXKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 weekend trips of at least 48 hours out of Canada - bring back 1/2 the lift on each trip
you're allowed $400 each trip
1 trip $300 springs 1 rear shock $84
2nd trip $300 struts 2nd rear shock $84
$385 each trip - less if you do Rancho instead of OME

actually you might be able to do one 7 day trip and get a Rancho lift and hit the $750 personal exemption (you might have to declare the bumpstops)

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Ya know guy's?
That is exactly what I'll do.
I was just considering the Canadian small businessman and helping out our economy!
But money is money and I will do whatever I can to stretch Jennifer's hard earned cash!
Seeing she is insisting on buying this stuff for me.
As far as I am concerned, I think it's time Canada and the US of A just drop the the whole border between both our countries altogether.
Heck, most Europeans think we are one of the same anyway!

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya know guy's?
That is exactly what I'll do.
I was just considering the Canadian small businessman and helping out our economy!
But money is money and I will do whatever I can to stretch Jennifer's hard earned cash!
Seeing she is insisting on buying this stuff for me.
As far as I am concerned, I think it's time Canada and the US of A just drop the the whole border between both our countries altogether.
Heck, most Europeans think we are one of the same anyway!

Yea Socks, come on down here and visit your Southern Brothers and Sisters. We were all sittin under a palm tree sippin pina colada's.......oh wait, do not bring down one of your infamous "Canadian Clippers" with all that cold air and snow and ice whipping across Upstate NY like we had last Monday....what a mess you sent us......haha

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Yea Socks, come on down here and visit your Southern Brothers and Sisters. We were all sittin under a palm tree sippin pina colada's.......oh wait, do not bring down one of your infamous "Canadian Clippers" with all that cold air and snow and ice whipping across Upstate NY like we had last Monday....what a mess you sent us......haha

Dave

You should of seen all the vehicular carnage in the last 12 hours due to 3 or 4 inches of snow!
My ma wouldn't leave the house today because it was slippery on some parts of the road!
Funny.

TigerClaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LoL !! The bigger the snow storm the more chances you have seing me pass by driving in that snow with all my heavy winter gear !! :p Nothing beats 4 traction aids, 2 shovels, 2 tow straps and an enthusiast off-roader friend !! :p

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
LoL !! The bigger the snow storm the more chances you have seing me pass by driving in that snow with all my heavy winter gear !! :p Nothing beats 4 traction aids, 2 shovels, 2 tow straps and an enthusiast off-roader friend !! :p

Good one TigerClaws!
People here are just ___________ (you fill in the blank!:D)
They line up to buy dedicated snow tires because there are nine snow flakes every ten meters distance traveled and leave them mounted until mid June and then wonder why they are worn out next winter!
Then Wahhh Wahhh Wahhh "How could they wear out so fast? I just bought them last winter!:(
I don't know if the Fraser valley made National news, but did you see the idiot who planted his nice Gold Wrangler, TJ (Or one of those Jeep models) and then says "The wind literally blew me off the road!"
Riiight!
More like ""I was speeding, doing 110Kmh+ and figured I needed "Four wheel drive because ""I"" know how to drive... Especially in four wheel drive!" (And most likely shifted into 4X4 mode at a speed in access of the maximum speed recommended by Chrysler Jeep and printed clearly in his owners manual!) and Schplaat, In the ditch I go!
Looser!

Last edited: