Sunroof minor leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, going through the car wash and felt a minor spray. This is just the smaller glass roof, not the patio version.

Going to my local glass company to see if they can help. Crossing my fingers. :rolleyes:

Anyone else have a drippy sun roof?

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are quite a few videos out there on sunroofs, and basically I think they are all the same. They have a drain hose down the door pillar on each side, maybe two, and the drain hose will clog with dirt, etc., causing a back up and into the interior of ... water.

There is a gasket or seal ring around the edge of the sunroof glass, I replaced mine last year which had, in the hot summer turned to tar. It was messy. The new gasket was found at the discount dealer online. It fits into a slot on the sunroof edge.

The glass sunroof is held onto the tracks that open and close it with four small screws or bolts. There are many jeep or Chrysler products that use the same sunroof. I found the exact one at the junkyard but don't remember what is was on.

I'm going to guess on a remote diagnosis that you either have clogged drain hoses or tubes in the door frames or a bad gasket around the edge of the sunroof.

The videos online will show you how to access the door jambs or frames. I think they are on the front side of the front door. I don't know if there are also ones on the rear doors.

Mine never leaked. I knew it would with the tar (former rubber or plastic gasket) around the glass panel, eventually.
dc

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a new seal. When I have the glass out, weedwacker drain tubes too!

Thanks for the help! :)
Part #: 68032434AC

Xtreme Amazing Sunroof Glass Seal for Journey Caliber Nitro Compass Patriot Liberty

https://a.co/d/9c7Qt11