Sunflower Mine Run - Saturday March 8, 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll keep your KJ in trail shape for you while your off playing Sky King. Wouldn't want that lift to get soft.... :D

I'm still in the consideration stage. If I want to make a career out of it then it's a lot of money to spend just to sit around and make starvation wages for two years. Or more - there's a rumor that some of the Gulf Coast operators are going to raise their minimum requirements to 1500 hours. For 1500 hours it would be cheaper for me to *own* a helicopter. But we digress.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then, do your consideration stage on your own time!!! The Sunflower Mine Trip is calling you. And, you can have private time on Sunday.... :D

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beth and I won't be attending this run, sorry....

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem...we'll post some photos as soon as possible. I hope all is well. Thanks for the heads up :)

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
prolly quite obe at this point but ill be meeting you in the morning, ugh um.. i guess ill just try and find you...
=)

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just came back from the run. It was a great trail and we had an awesome time. We have a ton of photos to post but its kind of late so I will try to post some by tomorrow. Thanks to everybody that attended the run!

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto! What fun, peeled off the scabs of some old jeep wounds but managed to run the trail with only minor dmg. Lot more fun 2nd time round, trail folks were VERY friendly. =D Thanks for posting the run Carlos! Im just sifting through my photos now, should have a few up here shortly.

EDIT, OMG the way home had more carnage than the trail 1) a thing that looked like a chicken coop the size that would fill a pickup bed flew onto the road (never saw how but), a mustang wiped out into it and hopped the divider and almost ended up in traffic on the other side of the highway. 2) near the tunnel a pickup truck catches on fire while driving down the road, for some reason the guy driving doesnt want to stop so he drives for a bout 1/2 mile while everyone is trying to tell him he is on fire, finaly he bursts into flame and the vehicle stalls and he slows to the edge, there was no apparent injury to anyone other than that white pickup. 3) 5 other police vehicles pulling over either for a traffic violation or minor accident. 4) Construction on the I-10 on the west side of town, road narrowed to 1 lane and was backed up for miles. Wow havent seen that much crap all packed into one minor drive cross town in a while! I swear the I-10 is a cursed road, it ***** like that in LA, California too. AND in LA state. AND anywhere else ive had to drive on it.

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL... Casey, maybe you need to change your avatar so you don't have that black cloud hanging over you!!! :D

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just finished doing some updates to my site and realized that it is past midnight...here are a few photos but for the whole experience please check my site at: http://www.carlossamano.com/sunflower.asp I'll post some more photos tomorrow, but in the meantime enjoy the ones there :)

You must be registered for see images

More at http://www.carlossamano.com

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics and very nice website Carlos.

Casey, I know what you mean about I-10. Heading out from Goodyear to Tempe today, westbound traffic had been stopped for so long that there were people walking around talking to other cars. It looks like that may be a good one to avoid for awhile.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW look at my front flex in that photo that Carlos posted, this is what an IFS can do w/ no sway bar on!

now here is a great shot of carlos w/ a wheel so high you could der near stand under it:
You must be registered for see images attach

ugh guys, maybe we should have paid closer attention to this sign that was right b4 the rock garden? :D

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now here is a great shot of carlos w/ a wheel so high you could der near stand under it:

Next destination....Sunflower Mine via KJ Air Express :) Great picture. Thanks Casey.

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the Jeep back from the dealer (has been there since Tuesday). I ended up with a broken CB joint boot and ended up with a new front left axle...a few hundred bucks later, it was still a great ride :)

Gotta change my front tires before the next run and I am also going to be building a new cargo basket...