Shocks/Struts? (NOT lift related)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to read about all of this stuff and my brain is about fried. I can find mostly information on shocks for a lift and blah blah blah.

I'm not lifted, don't plan on lifting soon since I leave in February, but have been wanting to replace my stock shocks. Basically, I'm asking if all of the part numbers listed on here for OME, Bilstein, Rancho are compatible with a stock KJ or only for those with a lift?

I'm incredibly confused. :freak3:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Front lifted are the same as stock, Bilstein makes stock rear ones too. Highly recommend them.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the rear Bilstein part numbers the same as the part numbers I'm seeing in the lift section?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya..it is confusing. It has taken me a while to try to figure it out.
All of the Rancho RSX line has been discontinued so we are left with OME and and Bilstien.
When we are in the shock replacement mode, we also want new springs because even after a few years the OEM's are bagged and sagged and tire clearance-ride height is gone.
The shocks give the sensitivity rebound to keep the tire on the road, the spring also helps rebound, but is what give you the ride height.
More ride height in off road and snow conditions/water crossings is a good thing.
SO if you truly want a better than new ride, OME springs and new shocks and lifted is they way to get it back into shape.
Ok so there is no special "lifted shock" for the front. The bilstien F4-BE5-D916-HO will work with your stock springs.
It is is the rear that you need to find the NON-Lifted OEM shock part #for the KJ.
JBA for instance has the NON lifted OME shocks available for the rear.
I would assume going to the Bilstien site and look for shocks KJ-Liberty rear would give you the non lifted part #.
Bilstien shocks for our lift, use the Dodge Dakota-02-04 Crew cab 4x4 part number to get the longer shock for the rear or part # F4-BE5-A702-HO (lifted)

Last edited: