part# for t-case fill plug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be one of those "upgraded" parts. The internal hex and the external probably fit and do the same thing just was "upgraded" on later models due to the internal hex rounding (hence why you are looking for one). It shows a external hex for mine which I know is internal.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Reaction score
Having read what the others posted, I would say there is a chance that you still might get the external one. I'm not trying to stir up doubt, just mentioning it because if they have updated the part then the suppliers might not have bothered to update their picture.

For what it's worth, I've seen a lot of posts on here where people were fighting a stuck plug and had stripped out the hex socket. You may be better off.

Just mentioning it. :)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Try using a sniff of anti-sneeze on the threads before you install the plug. ahh..chew:icon_lol:
I think Jayme was PO she welded a hex bit into the new plug for easier removal.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try using a sniff of anti-sneeze on the threads before you install the plug. ahh..chew:icon_lol:
I think Jayme was PO she welded a hex bit into the new plug for easier removal.

Yes, I already put it on the plugs when I put them in. Of course, they really don't need to be torqued to 100ft/lb either! :happy175: I buy several bottles at a time. Use it on just about everything, including front wheel bearings. Sure makes it easier to remove next time.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Teflon tape. Same effect. Saw that flair did it and sounded like a good idea.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
mmm bought them there before for other transfer cases in XJs same case
and Hardware Stores not open on Sundays? :shrug:
never lived anywhere like that
but you have one coming so all is right in the world :icon_lol:

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the one I stopped at was already closed, about 1PM, and I didn't want to run all over town to any other ones.
I had already spent too much time at auto parts stores looking for one, and just wanted to get home and get the fluids changed.
Plus I knew I could weld a nut on it and use it until I got another one.

Latest posts

Members online