OTIS/EVIC bulbs???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm calling out for some help here.

Does anyone know where to get the lightbulbs that provide the backlighting for the buttons in an OTIS/EVIC?

The bulb is a PC style bulb, but I can't find a domestic part that looks even remotely close.

Here is a link to a store in the UK that sells EXACTLY what I need: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...SBiZUJ&usg=AFQjCNHcsUvJNdoVfqaUw2ddjTccX_CyNA

As you can see, it goes by several PNs - 286MB5, LLB286TFB, R509TFBK/12

I cannot find anything anywhere here. Dealer has no clue, they say they don't see a serviceable bulb in the console and would like to sell me a new whole console (yeah...right...)

I have found what I think is the lamp that goes in the base (8640 mini bulb), but would really like to find the whole assembly.

Any help would be much appreciated!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can just replace the bulb in them i believe, but otherwise pull one out and hit a Napa or Advance Auto Parts and say "here this is what i need" and they will find one. Its pretty common in parts stores.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can just replace the bulb in them i believe, but otherwise pull one out and hit a Napa or Advance Auto Parts and say "here this is what i need" and they will find one. Its pretty common in parts stores.

mmm....not these bulbs. i've been everywhere, even pulled out a wagner parts catalog at my local carquest...not in there. not on rockauto either.

these aren't the bulbs in the dome lights, i'm talking about the PC-style bulb that is inside the EVIC. if you pull out your console, you'll see these "dial" looking things on the back of the circuit board. those dials are actually light bulbs. pull one out and tell me where you can get one.

i'm probably going to try finding just the lamp portion and re-using the base..cuz the lamps are only about $1.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a spare OTIS on the workbench and i did pull one out before my first post. I can get those at Napa for sure, i would assume Advance Auto Parts as my local store is pretty well stocked. They are the same as the instrument cluster bulb on many different Chrysler vehicles. If you go to Rock Auto and in electrical for any Jeep or Chrysler i'm sure you will find it as an instrument cluster lightbulb.

I will do a bit of searching.. This was discussed on the PT Cruiser forum i also frequent not too long ago, it's the exact same looking part and i know someone posted some info on it.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a spare OTIS on the workbench and i did pull one out before my first post. I can get those at Napa for sure, i would assume Advance Auto Parts as my local store is pretty well stocked. They are the same as the instrument cluster bulb on many different Chrysler vehicles. If you go to Rock Auto and in electrical for any Jeep or Chrysler i'm sure you will find it as an instrument cluster lightbulb.

I will do a bit of searching.. This was discussed on the PT Cruiser forum i also frequent not too long ago, it's the exact same looking part and i know someone posted some info on it.

that would be awesome then...cuz no one here seems to have ever seen this bulb before! :)

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, its smaller than that and built into the holder that latches into the circuit board.

The DC part# for these bulbs is 04437661

Thats from the 03' KJ FSM. I can't get the Chrysler Parts Direct website to load right now so i cant tell you on price but thats the correct part number.

I will see if i can find it available aftermarket anywhere...

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, after some more looking at the FSM, yes the instrument cluster on the KJ uses a similar design but its the PC74, so its too big.

The PT Cruiser uses the same PC74 in the cluster, but the overhead console in the PT uses a similar size bulb to the KJ's EVIC and OTIS but i haven't found that part number yet. Either way that part number in my previous post should work at your local dealers.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any luck on the aftermarket PN's? called the dealer, and guess what....they want $13 EACH!!! too funny. i can get these from the UK shipped for less than that.

i've checked a few local parts stores, and no one has ever seen it or has any idea how to cross-ref it.

thanks

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check radio shack or digikey type electronic places?

Yeah, no luck at radioshack. i can find the bulb (8640) which i can attempt to replace and reuse the base. i went ahead and ordered these from the UK.

$16 for 3 bulbs, includes shipping. they'll be here in about a week.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've replaced this bulb... I went to a electronic store and asked only for the bulb... The plastic piece is reusable.

Cheers! :)

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, if there was a decent electronics store around here i would have done the same...with shipping and minimum qty required, it would have cost me the same to just order the bulb, as it did to order the entire assembly from the UK.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have a few of these laying around from my EVIC quest a few years ago.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just being lazy. Figured if I can find em cheap online, why not. We've got a huge electrical warehouse for contractors here in town that has every obscure thing you can throw at em. I'm gonna check tomorrow, and if they don't have em I'll shoot you a PM about yours. Thank you :)

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I can confirm that the bulbs from this website do not work in an '04 EVIC. I bought some and they arrived yesterday, they look the same, but the base and the bulb are both bigger than the one I pulled out of mine.

I don't recall now where I bought mine, or if in fact I bought these bulbs. I do remember however, just reusing the sockets that my burned out EVIC bulbs were in. You can pop the wire leads out, remove the bad bulb, and insert the good bulb, and then reseat the wire leads. Worked like a charm.