Odd ball Electrical Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Jeep is sick. :(
The marker lights on the passenger side are on and they will not turn off and the interior lights come on but dim and go out and then come back on. I haven’t had time to start chasing wires yet but the nature of the strangeness makes me think that it may be a relay, what do you think?

jcbll95

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
multifunction switch (headlight-wiper switch all in one unit). do a shearch on them they do a lot of strange things when they go bad.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think if it was a relay all the marker lights would come on... but I don't know... i'd search for wire harnesses that look melted like on exhaust parts or something like that... for the interior lights, that might be a relay or a circuit breaker if it doesn't use a fuse... I am good at electrical, but I have never had to look into the electrical of a newer car, so it could be I am completely missguided here

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's the multifunction. Everything is fine when you "turn" that feature on but when the engine is off and the key is out the right side markers are on and the inside dome lights dim then go off and then back on.