Need part# for a connector for an EVIC overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aksloan

Reaction score
Greetings all! I just bought a brand new 06 overhead console for my 04 Liberty and of course it isn't coming with the pigtail/connector. I've read about using a pc connector but for the price I paid for it, dirt cheap :D, I figure I should spend the $'s and buy the real thing.

Any help would be appreciated and if anyone has a used one for sale I'd gladly buy it from you.

PS, I did read in a thread that the wiring pin-out changed on 05+ models but there was no follow up by the poster.... is that true?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
And when he says $$$$ harness, he really does mean $,$$$.¢¢ harness. :)

Grab a pigtail from a junkyard, extend it and run the wires yourself.

Does your KJ have a sunroof? If so the wiring may already be up there.

aksloan

Reaction score
I've called around to every junkyard and even put a request out on one of those nationwide junkyard internet searches with no luck. I kind of find it funny that someone who owned a junkyard wouldn't be willing to cut one out and drop it in the mail for $25...... such is life.

Guess I better go to radio shack and make one myself.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I've called around to every junkyard and even put a request out on one of those nationwide junkyard internet searches with no luck. I kind of find it funny that someone who owned a junkyard wouldn't be willing to cut one out and drop it in the mail for $25...... such is life.

Guess I better go to radio shack and make one myself.

I got the same results. Here's what I did: Took my EVIC in to the junkyard and told them what part I wanted and THEN they did it.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THe other option would be to look for a connector supply warehouse. I don't remember the one by me - Marlon, do you know? It's either in Roseville or Warren. Anyway, they sell OEM-type connectors (you'd have to bring the EVIC in to them) and they could give you the connector and you'd build your own harness.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
THe other option would be to look for a connector supply warehouse. I don't remember the one by me - Marlon, do you know? It's either in Roseville or Warren. Anyway, they sell OEM-type connectors (you'd have to bring the EVIC in to them) and they could give you the connector and you'd build your own harness.

I know exactly what you're talking about but I can't think of the place either!!!! :mad:

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And when he says $$$$ harness, he really does mean $,$$$.¢¢ harness. :)

Grab a pigtail from a junkyard, extend it and run the wires yourself.

Does your KJ have a sunroof? If so the wiring may already be up there.

My 05 has a sunroof and I have been looking to get an EVIC how can I tell if the harness is there for the EVIC does anyone have a pic of the connector.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just a flat 4 wire connector that will be under the headliner somewhere near the rading lights. There are two connectors for the EVIC - one for the map lights, one for the EVIC.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I popped my light off during lunch and no wireing for me just for the lights and sunroof switch I guess I will have to wire it myself once I find an EVIC.

Noting is ever simple for me. :)