Lurker, first post!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wake271

Reaction score
Hello!

I’ve got a 2011 with 68k miles, I’ve done Bilstein 5100’s, OME springs, 4.56 gears, Powertrax Grip-Pro’s (front & rear), and 235-85-16 Toyo Open Country A/T’s
You must be registered for see images attach

This forum has been a fantastic resource from the day I picked it up with 60k on it. I have to admit I was a little anti-Liberty due to always liking the XJ, but I’ve been very pleasantly surprised by the comfort and capability of the KK! I saw the potential, and even though the Jeep engineers dropped the ball in a few places, there’s enough aftermarket support to fix most of it, and now I am very happy and impressed with the rig!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Thought 4.10 was the lowest gears available for the front differential? Maybe that's just the kj. Anyway, great looking jeep. I dig the tall skinny tires. I'd go that way, but I've got 8inch wide wheels.

Wake271

Reaction score
KJ’s are limited to 4.10 due to the D30a front diff. KK’s have the D30, although I think it differs from the JK D30 in that the housing is aluminum in the KK and steel in the JK. I could be wrong about that. Geometry is the same so KK and JK use the same gears.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The KK can physically use up to 4.88 gears but there is no way to fit large enough tires to make that worth it! LOL! There is only one KK I know of that was ever geared that deep, and unfortunately it was wrecked in an accident about 10 years ago.