Liberty roof top load limit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devnul

Reaction score
Anyone know what the maximum roof top load is for 2006 Liberty with factory rails? Anyplace that makes good aftermarket rails that don't look like a box spring mattress?

...I'm kind of thinking, for some reason, of adding a rooftop tent for camping this summer...

Thanks!

- Greg

devnul

Reaction score
In case anyone runs across this thread, I think I've figured it out. Essentially 150 lbs (there is also one for the rubicon package that can hold 65 pounds).

As for options of stronger rails, so far all I can find are these: http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/jeep_liberty.htm (scroll down to Gecko HD Roof Rails).

There may be others, but I sure can't find them..

- Greg

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a black widow rack on my home made cross bars and I have hauled 2 (7 ft) Christmas trees at once, a weekends worth of firewood, and I myself (185 lbs) have stood up there all on separate occasions obviously, and have never had a problem.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought it was 200lbs. Personally I dont think its the fact that the roof cant handle it, its the fact that youre putting that much weight that high.

Rock Lizard makes awesome stuff for the kj so if you do consider getting something I highly reccomend his products.

Members online

No members online now.