KK Liberty Lift - Shock preference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4500GUY

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking to lift a 2012 KK Liberty.

What are the differences between the OME shocks and the Bilsteins?

Looks like the OME shocks are more expensive....thoughts?

Thanks!

Dave

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both are good shocks. I would go with either Bilstein or OME and not a different cheaper brand. My current lift was put on at 60K miles, now it’s at 210,000 miles, and my 5100 Bilstein shocks are still going. I am impressed with their quality and longevity. I have not run OME personally but have heard good things about them too.

4500GUY

Reaction score
Thanks for the input!
Hey, does JBA still offer liberty lift kits? I don't see any on the website.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input!
Hey, does JBA still offer liberty lift kits? I don't see any on the website.
Unfortunately JBA has concentrated on their core business which is their upper control arms, and discontinued their lifts. If you can find one used, they are the best for the Liberty, hands down.

The OME spring lift with OME or Bilstein shocks, Teraflex front bump stops, and hockey puck bumpstop extensions in the rear is currently the best way to lift the Liberty. Search for Tommudd’s posts, where he gives all the part numbers.

4500GUY

Reaction score
Unfortunately JBA has concentrated on their core business which is their upper control arms, and discontinued their lifts. If you can find one used, they are the best for the Liberty, hands down.

The OME spring lift with OME or Bilstein shocks, Teraflex front bump stops, and hockey puck bumpstop extensions in the rear is currently the best way to lift the Liberty. Search for Tommudd’s posts, where he gives all the part numbers.
Thanks for the info!

kiwi_outdoors

Reaction score
I used Rough Country, it worked fine on my 2011 Libby. Loaded front coil-overs, and easy rear springs and shocks.

2.5" lift kit
part #68731 from 4WP.com

FYI - I did the Jeepin By AL kit on my 2008 Libby.

The loaded coil overs from Rough Country were so much easier to install.

Members online

No members online now.