KJ recall's question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a recall I think for the 04's but maybe others for something in the rear tailgate lock system that slowly drains the battery when it goes bad and can at times cause the tailgate to not open when trying to unlock it? Any help would be great!

I called the dealer and mine doesn't have it but I THINK I might have something slowly draining the battery.. however I have issues with the power door lock fuse and rear tail gate not wanting to open sometimes..You gotta go push the unlock switch again and then it will unlock and open.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine in for the tailgate latch that was recalled, if that's what you mean. I'm not sure about it draining the battery though.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the thing is, I only start experiencing this problem this time of year. The rest of the year the Jeep is fine. Its like it getting upset the seasons are changing or something lol. I just find it odd I replaced the battery a year ago and then exactly a year later I starting having the same problem again...