KJ lift (jack) points?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alljeep said:
Took mine to a "Big O" tire shop for a tire rotate - they used only one floor jack in back, stuck it right under the rear differential/pumpkin, and jacked the whole back end up on that. My understanding is this is a big NO NO.

I used to do it on my old CJ Jeeps, but they were always the 3rd car in the fleet - just off road toys, not my daily driver.

Ive always lifted my jeep that way. Its alot easier on it doing that than it is when im offroading beating it on rocks and high centering on it. Using it to lift will not hurt a thing. O:)

kidjedi

Reaction score
Took mine to a "Big O" tire shop for a tire rotate - they used only one floor jack in back, stuck it right under the rear differential/pumpkin, and jacked the whole back end up on that. My understanding is this is a big NO NO.

FWIW (and for those researching the topic), I've been researching the boards for the best placement for jacking and jack stands for about half an hour, and there seem to be a lot of people I trust here on the boards who jack the rear end of their CRD's from the differential pumpkin. If those people do it, and the commercial shops do it, it seems like it's not so much of a "no no." That said, I may stick to the rails, but it seems to be fairly common practice.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When putting jack stands under the front, I jack it up from the front skid using a floor jack. If you do not have a floor jack, then Idk how you could do it? I used the cross member before I had the skid. O:)

I saw the skid flex when I jacked it u, so I wouldnt use the skid for lifting.