KJ Gas Cap Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluphyre

Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been discussed, but what are the differences between Wrangler intakes and KJ intakes? I'd love to change my door to a DRAKE Challenger/Wrangler gas cap, but am unsure how much modding would be involved. What are the diameter differences?

You must be registered for see images

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been discussed, but what are the differences between Wrangler intakes and KJ intakes? I'd love to change my door to a DRAKE Challenger/Wrangler gas cap, but am unsure how much modding would be involved. What are the diameter differences?

I do not think that one will work with the liberty due to its body contour. Aluminum filler doors that arent as elaborate can be carefully bent to the contour of the Liberty.

Also to do this you remove the factory door and leave everything else intact. And cut and modify the new parts to fit.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks better than I would have thought on the KJ. These types of gas doors only belong on certain styles of vehicles... otherwise, IMO, they are tacky.

I am not sure this would look good on any KJ other than a Renegade, as the exposed mounting screws match the style of the "fender bolts" on the Renegade.

It would also be out of place on any KJ that didnt have chrome accents, or brushed stainless or aluminum pieces.

But to each their own...