Installed my EVIC and get no bus error msg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aksloan

Reaction score
I installed my EVIC today and when I turned on the key I get a "no bus" message on my odometer. The EVIC doesn't show any display at all.... any ideas?

Thanks

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might have tapped the wrong wire or maybe got something shorting across, those are two possibilities that click in my head right now... What year KJ do you have? I can maybe look up the wiring for the data connector and see if anything changed from the original write-up.

aksloan

Reaction score
Corwyyn, I have an 04 sport and am installing a new one from an 06. I know the overhead light pinout changed from a post in another thread so I am thinking they probably changed the EVIC pinouts too.

I hooked it up as described in the EVIC thread:

Left to right, power, ground, Fused B(+), PCI Bus

I am geteting the power from a fuse tap, grounding to a bolt, and tapped the DLC for the other two.

Any help would be appreciated.

aksloan

Reaction score
Sooo. What was wrong?

My homemade connector.... The floppy drive connector off a PC power supply with 20g wire works perfectly with very little modification.... The lesson learned is if you don't want to spend the $ on a pre-fab cable listen to those who have done it before with success.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My homemade connector.... The floppy drive connector off a PC power supply with 20g wire works perfectly with very little modification.... The lesson learned is if you don't want to spend the $ on a pre-fab cable listen to those who have done it before with success.

What mod did you have to do to the connector for I just obtained my EVIC and am waiting to get it in the mail and am starting to prep for my install and the one I got did not have the factory wireing connector so I am going to have to make one like you did.

aksloan

Reaction score
I just called a friend and got a floppy disk power connector with a few inches of wire (20g) off of an old power supply. My EVIC was a new one for an 06 Liberty so the connector looks different than the one shown in the EVIC install thread. I just shaved the sides and locking nub off the top and it slid on.... it takes some patience and very little force to get it on but once you do it is on very securely so don't worry about it ever falling off on it's own. Other than that it was a breeze to do.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just called a friend and got a floppy disk power connector with a few inches of wire (20g) off of an old power supply. My EVIC was a new one for an 06 Liberty so the connector looks different than the one shown in the EVIC install thread. I just shaved the sides and locking nub off the top and it slid on.... it takes some patience and very little force to get it on but once you do it is on very securely so don't worry about it ever falling off on it's own. Other than that it was a breeze to do.

Thanks I also got a new one for an 06 Liberty so my install should be the same as you. Thanks for the info hope to get it this week so that I can install it this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.