I'm all skidded up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I just got my front 3 skids on yesterday. The ****** skid was a PIA since it was for an '05 but it all worked out nicely...now bring on those pointy little devils.:p

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal. Now you are dangerous.......:D

Dave

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rain..... really? LOL
I almost bought all the skids this spring but the dealer in Maine screwed up and didn't bother calling me in the morning like he said he would....they never call me back in the morning....it's getting personal hahahahaha
I'm very anxious to get the front, ****** and tcase skids at some point. Now's the time too with the Canehdian dollar getting stronger
Get some pics if it stops raining this summer

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
rain..... really? LOL
I almost bought all the skids this spring but the dealer in Maine screwed up and didn't bother calling me in the morning like he said he would....they never call me back in the morning....it's getting personal hahahahaha
I'm very anxious to get the front, ****** and tcase skids at some point. Now's the time too with the Canehdian dollar getting stronger
Get some pics if it stops raining this summer

Are you in Ottawa?:p Will do on the pics.

So how much did it end up costing for all of them?
I bought the T-case and ****** skids new from the stealership and the front suspension I got on e-bay.

T-case skid new- $54.30
****** skid - $71.20
Front susp skid - $ 35 US

Bikeflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a lot cheaper than I imagined! Of course my pricing is still jaded toward mountain bike standards(where a suspension fork is 600us and a disc brake rotor is 50us) lol.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well 75% is better than 0
just dont get ahead of yourself
remember that just because you protected the drive components
with out fuel the Jeep will not run

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
well 75% is better than 0
just dont get ahead of yourself
remember that just because you protected the drive components
with out fuel the Jeep will not run

Yeah I may look for a Skid Row fuel tank skid instead of the Mopar one,but if the price is right for the ,Mopar then I will go that way.

I was looking at a new JK Rubicon last week and there is no skid under the front/engine with that big old oil pan hanging down right in the open.:confused:

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I may look for a Skid Row fuel tank skid instead of the Mopar one,but if the price is right for the ,Mopar then I will go that way.

I was looking at a new JK Rubicon last week and there is no skid under the front/engine with that big old oil pan hanging down right in the open.:confused:

The OE skid on my TJ's fuel tank is not to bad and the KJ one seems to be about the same quality
I have bottomed out ******* it a few times and the dents are not that bad
I have a Kilby skid for it in the garage right now but we are trying to get our house ready to sell so no time for that

as far as the JK and no engine skid all the wranglers are like that
you should have seen what it looked like when I did the Tummy Tuck
the trans pan ,I have a TF999, was hanging almost as low as the skid ,about 2" higher at best
I put on a Warn skid ,it has done the job but is bent some thing bad
judging from the quality of the OE trans skid on the KJ I would be looking for a new trans long ago

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's some pics of the skids....and a new sticker too.

You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Have any plans to do an under carriage cleaning?? j/k....:p:D

I like that sticker....:)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that sticker.

You need a gas tank skid now especially since the tank is plastic..I know I felt much better after I put the gas tank skid on mine.

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No ...no under carriage cleaning, too much road salt in this neck of the woods.
You might want to reconsider,it will make your KJ last longer even if you think it's a waste of time and money.I wash mine every week(the undercarriage gets most of the attention) no matter what,i could be raining out or in the middle of a blizzard,it still gets washed and I have zero rust besides the normal surface rust that forms on the bare metal parts like the knuckles and drivehafts.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You might want to reconsider,it will make your KJ last longer even if you think it's a waste of time and money.I wash mine every week(the undercarriage gets most of the attention) no matter what,i could be raining out or in the middle of a blizzard,it still gets washed and I have zero rust besides the normal surface rust that forms on the bare metal parts like the knuckles and drivehafts.

Me too. No rust except on bare metal surfaces....:)

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Believe it or not, that is clean under there, the crap you see is rust. Like I said, the salt up here just ruins a vehicle twicE as fast as down in the dry southern US. We pay more for our vehicles and they rust out faster....not fair.:mad: