Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rig is way lower in the front and is really bugging me. what could this be from? and what are my options of fixing this?
I have a Rusty's 2.5" spacer Lift. but when i installed it the front spacer strut plate was not even close to being as thick as the rear puck. Did they send me the wrong thing?
heres some pics:
You must be registered for see images attach

Any Advice would help, Thanks

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditch the rusty's spacer lift and get OME 927 and 948 coils all around,don't forget new front struts and rear shocks,Rancho 17505's and 17004's are great.

Your stock coils are sagging and there is no fix but replacement.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Youre problem is you went with a spacer lift which is a cheaper way to gain lift. Youre front springs are now sagging which is causing the nose down look. The kj came from the factory with the rear a tad higher than the rear so sagging springs just adds to it.

Youve got tons of options as far as how you can fix it. The best but most expensive method is to just get new springs on the front. If you want to do it once and do it right, you can get OME HD coils from All J's and call it done. Many other places sale OME HD springs so you can shop around for better prices if you like.

If its still not to your liking you can do something called a Clevis lift. Search around and you will find tons of threads on that.. :)

Hope that helps..

tjkj, dont you ever leave the computer?? :D

kylewilley

Reaction score
Well it is not too bad if you ask me but hey you have options. You can do the things like they said but if you are on a tight budget and just want the front end to look a little higher, you may be able to buy 1" twist in coil spacers for about $5- 7 a set. I am not sure where to tell you to look, but I used them before at one of the local auto part stores where I live. They will be quite stubborn going in considering you already have the 2.5" spacer lift and the springs don't have alot of room between each other. Keep in mind your front suspension will be slightly stiffer but if you are on the road alot you won't really notice much of a difference.

Here is what they look like :

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it is not too bad if you ask me but hey you have options. You can do the things like they said but if you are on a tight budget and just want the front end to look a little higher, you may be able to buy 1" twist in coil spacers for about $5- 7 a set. I am not sure where to tell you to look, but I used them before at one of the local auto part stores where I live. They will be quite stubborn going in considering you already have the 2.5" spacer lift and the springs don't have alot of room between each other. Keep in mind your front suspension will be slightly stiffer but if you are on the road alot you won't really notice much of a difference.

Here is what they look like :
Those are very dangerous,stay away:eek:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Ping!!!! Ow my eye!! :p

I had one of those come flying out of an old car I had back years ago. I thought someone was taking potshots at me.:eek:

kylewilley

Reaction score
haha really? I never seen a problem with them.. think of it this way, not only can he level his jeep out with these, but then he can also shoot them at his enemies :cool:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
one of the very worst ways to finsih off a junk lift.

Just do it right and get some new springs, why cheap out????

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the help guys. I'll probably just try and do the clevis lift until i save enough money for new front suspension components. seems like that's the best way to do it in the long run. That's what i get for being a cheap 16 year old.. A saggy front end.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its still not to your liking you can do something called a Clevis lift. Search around and you will find tons of threads on that.. :)

Do i need a spring compressor to accomplish this? i bought the conduit nuts month ago and tried to get the clevis off the strut but was unable to with three guys and crow bars. But they have no experience in IFS

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you need a spring compressor!
Three guys with crow bars are better used to beat people with!:D

ha yeah your probably right that's what i felt like doing after an hour of sweating and getting nothing accomplished.;)

and hey one more thing are CRD coils mush different from OME? i saw a thread of a guy putting those in his gasser. looked pretty good.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
NO! you don't need a spring compressor to put a clevis lift in. You take out the front strut assembly as one unit, then separate it at the clevis. You need to take the assembly out to do this. Then put your conduit nuts on the bottom of the shock and put the assembly back together and install it back in the KJ.

This is where you put the conduit nuts.

Here is what it looks like before you put the assembly back in.

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do i need a spring compressor to accomplish this? i bought the conduit nuts month ago and tried to get the clevis off the strut but was unable to with three guys and crow bars. But they have no experience in IFS

Nope, no spring compressor needed.. Just make sure you do not put too many in there as it can cause the upper A-arm to hit the spring at full droop which will destroy the boot on the ball joint.

I could only get two in there and I have around 1/8in clearance at full droop(when the tire is off the ground)...

I think Ryan is thinking of a spacer that goes under the spring inside of the coil over.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Nope, no spring compressor needed.. Just make sure you do not put too many in there as it can cause the upper A-arm to hit the spring at full droop which will destroy the boot on the ball joint.

I could only get two in there and I have around 1/8in clearance at full droop(when the tire is off the ground)...

I think Ryan is thinking of a spacer that goes under the spring inside of the coil over.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking alright!

Latest posts

Members online