HELP!!! Grinding noise from rear end of car in the middle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeeeeeeeeepster

Reaction score
I have a 06 jeep liberty I had the rear wheel bearings relaced 2 weeks ago and breaks now the car is making a loud grinding from the middle of the rear end also they were metal shavings in the pumpkin. I'm just trying to figure out what is it?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

libordemise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 jeep liberty I had the rear wheel bearings relaced 2 weeks ago and breaks now the car is making a loud grinding from the middle of the rear end also they were metal shavings in the pumpkin. I'm just trying to figure out what is it?

See any chips or excess wear on the internals of the diff? Time to replace bearings? I would rebuild it if I ever had your symptoms but I have no life and this jeep is my hobby [emoji123]

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

jeeeeeeeeeepster

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm going by what my mechanic told me I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong first

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they used the wrong weight fluid.

jeeeeeeeeeepster

Reaction score
Grinding is happening all the time seems a little quieter when you go a little faster but it's still bad @GunnerSchenck

libordemise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grinding is happening all the time seems a little quieter when you go a little faster but it's still bad @GunnerSchenck

If you aren't sure you can seal the diff yourself I just bought myself a little hand pump cuz I put in too much transmission fluid.. Now I also pump out my rear diff so I don't have to break the seal. You could refill with the correct gear oil, the pump was 20 bucks at canadian tire.

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk