Has anyone tried a 215/85-16?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just asking out of curiosity... I know with several other makes of trucks that it was possible to run a slightly taller tire without rubbing as long as it was narrower... width was more so the problem than the actual height.

I know this would be a very stiff tire and not the best for deep sand, but pizza cutters are popular with a lot of small pickups and SUVs up in the mountains where rocks, snow, and clay-like mud are more of a concern so it has me wondering if anyone's tried them on a KJ?

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that this size tire a bite to tall for the kj but you should try 215/80/16 not the larger size. You could fit the larger tires if you have a kj that was built before the pre lowered date.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get the true height and best wear you need to mount those 215's on a 6" rim.Mounting on a 7" rim will stretch the tire making it shorter and thus making airing down unsafe when offroad as you will pop beads pretty easily.