Got an RB1. Can I mod it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsan

Reaction score
I've got a factory RB1 GPS/DVD Nav system. I'm interested in knowing if anyone has modded it to either play DVDs on the LCD, or interfaced an iPOD or other MP3 player with it. I'd love to be able to play mp3s in my KJ without burning CDs. Obviously replacing my stereo is not an option here...

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard that someone was able to get it modified to play DVDs, have not heard anyone that got theirs to do MP3s. The procedure is cost prohibitiave, I think it was several hundred dollars (I'm thinking close to 4 digits, if not more) to have it done. Not a do-it-yourself deal tho.

I'll take a look and see if I can find the article.

-Blu

Gsan

Reaction score
sorry, mods, you can move this to the electronics forum. I've been in the general forum all day here and didn't realize there was an electronic area. So much good info here.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gsan said:
sorry, mods, you can move this to the electronics forum. I've been in the general forum all day here and didn't realize there was an electronic area. So much good info here.

Done :)

Latest posts

Members online