GF just got a Liberty, PO has wrong mirrors installed. I have questions???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RynoMcM

Reaction score
Ok, so the power mirrors weren't working so I figured it might be a fuse but then I discovered there's no fuse for the power mirrors. Or at least I didn't see one for them. So I pulled the door panel off, did a bunch of 12v testings on the mirror switch harness and I'm getting power on 5 of 7 pins. After messing with it for a while I finally realized the mirror only has 3 wires and the harness coming from the switch has 7. I also discovered the ground wires don't even match up when the 2 harnesses are connected.
Basically, I'm wondering what options this jeep has for the mirrors? To my knowledge it has heated mirrors but how do I know if it has memory or power folding mirrors? I don't see any buttons or switches for them.

I don't know if it's a Limited or a Sport or what. It has manual seats, v6, 4x2, 3.7L, sunroof, cruise control, tilt, power locks and windows.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Reaction score
Get a build sheet from Chrysler (you can request one free; they will email it to you), then see what it is supposed to have. I'm sure the rest can be sorted out from there. :)

RynoMcM

Reaction score
Get a build sheet from Chrysler (you can request one free; they will email it to you), then see what it is supposed to have. I'm sure the rest can be sorted out from there. :)

Good idea.

So just outta curiosity where do they have the memory button/switch on these Liberty's? On my Nissan Titan it's on the door panel above the map pockets. I figure if there's no switch then it obviously doesn't have that option. As for the power fold I'm not sure if that's controlled by a switch also or if it's triggered when the gear selector is in "P".

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Reaction score
I don't have any of that stuff and don't have any idea where a button, if any, might be located. It sounds to me (and JeepJepster seems to agree) that there is a lot of aftermarket stuff on there. The build sheet will tell you what Jeep put on there and what the PO added. if the PO added a lot of stuff and was a jackleg mechanic it might explain a lot.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't tell you which wire does what off the top o me head, but the reason the switch has more wires than one mirror has, is because the switch also works the passenger side mirror. My Jeep is loaded, has power and heated mirrors. No memory or folding mirrors. Well, you can fold the mirrors, but you have to do it by hand! Just curious why you need automatic folding mirrors, are you trying to get it through the slider to park in the kitchen? ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so the power mirrors weren't working so I figured it might be a fuse but then I discovered there's no fuse for the power mirrors. Or at least I didn't see one for them. So I pulled the door panel off, did a bunch of 12v testings on the mirror switch harness and I'm getting power on 5 of 7 pins. After messing with it for a while I finally realized the mirror only has 3 wires and the harness coming from the switch has 7. I also discovered the ground wires don't even match up when the 2 harnesses are connected.
Basically, I'm wondering what options this jeep has for the mirrors? To my knowledge it has heated mirrors but how do I know if it has memory or power folding mirrors? I don't see any buttons or switches for them.

I don't know if it's a Limited or a Sport or what. It has manual seats, v6, 4x2, 3.7L, sunroof, cruise control, tilt, power locks and windows.

Only options were heated mirrors which I doubt you have.
No power folding or any of that fancy crap, you reach out and fold by hand
Only power is for adjustment thats it , no memory Its a Jeep
Also take a picture of the mirror and post, I'll bet its just the stock mirror on it and maybe they had to replace so wires are like they are

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Billwill posted that some of the export KJ's had power folding mirrors (he's in South Africa.)

Kinda makes me laugh that Jeep would have created power folding mirrors for the Liberty - this ain't no Lincoln! :happy107:

Now I would like to have the heated option on mine right about now - I hit some melted snow Thursday morning where a salt truck dumped about half his allotment in one section of road. The spray instantly froze on my mirrors and I couldn't see a thing. Heated mirrors would've been the ticket ;)

Bob

Latest posts

Members online